New Coilovers on the way, would is b wise to change bushes too?

HK GT Turbo

Member +
Hi

I'd just like to know whether I should get all new bushes since I have ordered some new Coilovers? I was thinking of buying the complete bush kit from tuning developments...

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=502_520_586&products_id=1106

On my car V I already have a whitelist bar which runs accross the rear beam to body does this kit include that? Cuz I don't b needing that. I've read some good stuff regarding it.

Any advise appreciated.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
If you can afford it then yes go for the poly bushes, they do make a good difference.

That kit doesn't include the panhard rod bushes - which as you say you don't need anyway.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Neither of those kits are the same as the tuning developments one as td don't have the anti lift plates/bushes in their kit.

If you want to do the whole lot you need everything in the first kit listed on ebay except the panhard rod bushes

You dont really need to change the engine mount bushes to improve your handling.

You could argue that if the engine mount bushes are worn enough it will be causing the engine to rock and giving a nasty weight transfer when on and off the power making the car unstable.

HK GT Turbo

Member +
You dont really need to change the engine mount bushes to improve your handling.

My V's done 105miles and does feel like when I floor it and let off my engines gona fly out lol.

I think I'm just gona call up tuning development and ask which ones. Saves the hassle that way. Is anti lift a recommend part? Or will Coilovers cure that issue?

weeJohn

Lifer
Yes, but its best to get the alignment set after working at any part of the suspension, so if you do the bushes together then its only 1 set up fee.

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your going that far you may as well stick a new set of balljoints and track rod ends on while your at it. also check for play in the track rod, these cane be replaced too if they have any wear in them!

HK GT Turbo

Member +
Order my bushes today, fronts and rears with whiteline anti lift for the fronts. Also engine and gearbox mounts.

Chap and tuning developments also mention anti roll bar for the rear, anyone tried them out? Involves drilling?

AdamB

Member +
RARB one of, if not the best handling mod on these cars. Very easy to fit, requires 2 small holes drilled in the rear chassis leg.