New(ish) Car

easty-5

Member +
Well have owned the car since October but have only just taken a few pictures now - with the crappy iphone camera in the dark in Asda carpark lol.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Nowhere near as clean as my Starlet was but this is to be used and abused for a year till insurance will be kinder to me. Few things which need done before it's trackable. The ghastley 18" bad boy alloys (weigh an absolute ton, almost put my back out taking the off) will be ditched for some Rota Drift Torques (if moneys allow). Gotta love MR2 staggered wheel fitament, they look great. Brakes need uprated, already have TRD braided lines all round so some Carbotech pads and Motul RBF660 fluid will be used (Have the fluid). Clutch slips big time but it's going to be replaced next month so then it should be all good and ready to rock.

It has a reasonable spec; Border Racing Front bumper (Vents smoothed over), Sideskirts & rear Spats, Veilside (I think) Spoiler, HSD Monotube Coilovers (Had Kei Office coilovers but they were bone shatteringly solid so I bought the HSD's), TRD LSD, Cusco Strut braces, Cusco Brake stopper, Apexi Filter and Exhaust, Evo Recaro, Greddy Boost Gauge, LMS Steering Wheel and a few other little bits and bobs.

It is quite a bit quicker than my Glanza was (200bhp Hybrid), most noticeably off the line. It is very quick off the mark and has bags of grip with the LSD and the engine being over the rear axle.

I will be spending as little money as possible on it so no bigger turbos etc etc. It's my first RWD car so will enjoy it as it is till I can get something with 4wd and a 2l turbo engine :rockon:

Last edited:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Really like that mate. One of the nicest ive seen. Love the colour & its not 'in your face' body kit etc..

Love the Evo seat too.

Nice :cool:

sanchez

Member +
Thats a lovely looking Mr2 mate, yeah as you say change the badboy wheels lol but i like that alot :)

Rory

Lifer
Not my cup of tea (kit an alloys anyway)
But if its just a stop gap until insurance premiums drop, then it will serve its purpose! :p

easty-5

Member +
Not my cup of tea (kit an alloys anyway)
But if its just a stop gap until insurance premiums drop, then it will serve its purpose! :p

Precisely. It was pretty cheap and has some decent parts and good low milage engine so why not.

You will see it later on if your going to Marks.

Fro

Member +
I think there was one similar, same colour anyway, but dont think thats it?

Looks nice though, quite like the blue with black and loving the evo recaro!