no dip or full beam headlights

liamgtturbo

Member +
hi guys, ive a problem with my dip/full beam headlights wont work atall, althou the side lights and fog will, checked the fuses etc and i did notice the instrument cluster burnt a bit so possibly thinkin its that. just want ur thoughts before i goo buy one
thanks liam

where the wires go into the stalks at the back two wires touched on me before and got wicked bad burning smell the wires shorted off each other worth a try man not muvh hassle in checking it??

liamgtturbo

Member +
yep looks like somethin shorted out mate. did ur lights not work, see my side lights will work but dip/full beam wont any other ideas thanks lad

weeJohn

Lifer
That circuit does not involve the instrument cluster it self, apart from lighting up the clocks when the side lights come on. The stalk that controls the lights has its own plug and the fault could be either there, the stalk itself or the head light relay.

The relay is before the fuses in the circuit so if you get 12V at the headlight fuses then it is ok and you need to check the stalk, if no 12V at the fuses then its the relay.

I dont know where the relay is in the GTs but, main engine bay fuse box is the first place I would look.