No ignition lights

mark-tozer

Member +
ive bought a rolling shell to my engine in. Thought i would do a few checks connected the jump pack to the battery leads checking all the rest of the loom is clear not touching anything. I then switch the ignition on and no lights what so ever just the standard boost gauge goes right up. I then checked all the lights then were all working, cd player, heater etc.. the indicators warning symbols were lighting up on dash so was hand brake warning lamp and main beam light. I then checked the fuses in by the steering wheel cowling and checked the fuses out in the engine bay all were fine. i thought then i would try a diagnostic test still no engine management light coming on. Its got a after market clifford alarm which i though could of been a problem but the red warning light goes out then turns green and the fuel pump is working and i checked the starter motor with a power probe for live. Can the alarm disable anything else ? any ides thanks

Texx

Super Moderator
If there's no engine in the car, you may want to connect the earth terminal (that would otherwise be bolted to the inlet manifold) to the body of the car somewhere.

mark-tozer

Member +
If there's no engine in the car, you may want to connect the earth terminal (that would otherwise be bolted to the inlet manifold) to the body of the car somewhere.

checked over everything again and as texx as sayed i didnt have the earth off of the injector wiring touching a earth all sorted now thanks everyone for input.