No OIL PRESSURE HELP PLEASE!!!!!

cneculae

Member +
Hey guys i have a biggggg problem. It seems that i have no oil pressure flowwing throught my 4efte ep-82 engine. I replaced my oil pump thinking that was the culprit. However when i started the car up again the second time i again noticed no oil pressure what so ever. Do i need to replace the oil sump also. Or is it a bad oil pressure release valve? I need help bad. Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
Cristian

turboflow

Member +
first off are u reading no oil pressure from an aftermarket guage or is the red oil light on the dash on. most likely culprit id the oil pressure sender if it is the light on the dash, it is on the front of the block on the right hand side near the cat, one wire attached.

sx_turbo

Lifer
if you have no oil pressure and your engine has been running, you will have done majour damage to everything, inc the turbo.

you will either have to do a complete rebuild and crank regrind, or replace the engine,

or your gauge is duff???

GaryGT

Member +
Hey guys i have a biggggg problem. It seems that i have no oil pressure flowwing throught my 4efte ep-82 engine. I replaced my oil pump thinking that was the culprit. However when i started the car up again the second time i again noticed no oil pressure what so ever. Do i need to replace the oil sump also. Or is it a bad oil pressure release valve? I need help bad. Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
Cristian

More information required lad
are u running an aftermarket oil pressure guage???
where have u it mounted??
is it wired correctly??
Is ur engine oil light on??
hav u checked if ur getting oil to the Cylinder head??

please give more information so these Guys can give an honest assesment based on ther experience and knowledge of these engines
;)

regards

G

cneculae

Member +
More information required lad
are u running an aftermarket oil pressure guage???
where have u it mounted??
is it wired correctly??
Is ur engine oil light on??
hav u checked if ur getting oil to the Cylinder head??

please give more information so these Guys can give an honest assesment based on ther experience and knowledge of these engines
;)

regards

G

No i am not running an after market guage.
I have checked if i am getting oil to the cylinder head by having the valve cover off.
Also another way i noticed that i have no oil pressure is because when i take off the oil filter it is completly dry. To my understanding if a car has oil pressure then the filter should have oil in it when u take it off correct?
I have not done any after market modifications when it comes to gauges.
I had a friend of mine who is a mechanic do a partial rebuild.
He replaced all the seals( head gasket, valve cover, front and rear main seal, etc.) I am beging to wonder could it be the oil pick up is clogged or what.

danturbo4311

Member +
you should be getting oil to the filter so does sound like no pressure, take your cam belt off & spin the oil pump with an air gun or something similar it doesnt take much spinning of the pump to lift the oil & it should come straight to the filter. possible causes could be,
blocked oil pick up, a spilt oil pick up
the o ring on the pick up could of split, remove the sump take the pick up off & check it
i dont think it will be your oil pressure relief valve as you would get some oil in the filter before it travels to the relief valve but check it while the sumps off
I had a problem one time when i used a paper gasket supplied in an overhaul kit which fits on the oil pump, if you have this gasket get rid of it & use sealant instead, as the paper gasket acts as a spacer between the oil pump & the block & the space causes the pump to not lift any oil at all.

GaryGT

Member +
u mentioned that ur mate did a rebuild??
did he forget to put the oil pickup back in the engine???
examine the oil pump more lad
if it aint that id be draining the oil and drop the sump see if u have a oi lpick up and if its blocked or running clear!!
just keep troubleshooting
hope u get it sorted mate ;)

gt 4efte

Fresh Recruit
hi mate,

if u replaced the oil pump.
u need to refill the dry oil filter, cause the pump can't suck the oil up.
u need to give it a begin to help it.
full ur oil filter with oil put the ignition lead of the rotor out, so the engine will not start,
then u need to start it like 30 seconds, wait some time and start again.
to give the oil pump the time to suck the oil up,
i do this at my forged engine when i replaced everything,
i took some time to get oil pressur when fiiting new pump.

one thing dont fire it up, only start it without ignition.

i hope it helps mate!

stefan

cneculae

Member +
Update on "no oil pressure" issue (Resolved)

Hey guys
Finally after 3 months of constantly tinkering with the motor I was able to get oil pressure today.
All i had to do was prime the pump by spinning it using an electric drill.
Thanks for all the insight guys.

Cheers
Cristian

make sure you put the oil pump o ring in or you wont have none but first thing check the head take the cap off see if you have oil spitting in the head and out the cap hole if you have then shows youve got oil pressure first thing i checkedf when started my 5e up could just be a fucked sender mate or a cheap gauge as ricky said no oil pres youve done a bit of damage mate