nocking noise round corners....shocks?

C

CaL

ho all....as a few will know i have a nocking problem with my gt round corners sometimes....its not cv joints as ive checked those....but ive looked at my shocks i.e dampers and the bushes were perished and they were bone dry....do you think it could be these nocking?and i have a missin bolt off teh lhd top mount too....where the knocking is coming from....cheers.cal

Dave.

Member +
lol^

might be an engine mount, i've heard of that happening on here before, clunking while turning...

C

CaL

LAMO...people im serious....diesel could have got in the washer bottle maybe.....i dont know what it could be....i hope its simple

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
is the knocking more pronounced on rough/uneven surfaces? could be a ball joint, track rod end, or even the rack itself. i'm currently chasing a similar noise on mine

C

CaL

ian its like....around most corners...its on the lhs.....its like somethin banging when the wheel turns at speed....but from 0-10mph

ian

Member +
Have you checked the exhaust? mine was doing the same and found it to be the exhaust.

Phil

Super Moderator
heres a wierd one but does it get worse/ better/change if you hit the brakes?
i once cracked a brake disc and it knocked and clicked (and got worse when i turned)
just a thought, though if your not driving real hard for a long period u shouldnt crack a disc

C

CaL

right guys.....i jacked the GT up earlier....started her....put in 2nd and turned the wheels....tried in 1st too...tried everythin to get the noise but never got it.....i think its when it has pressure on one side?

glanzaV195

Member +
when you checked th cv joint was the car jacked up? as you jack the car up the shaft will move and the balls will move in the joint away from the position where they normally sit so it will feel ok when it's not