OEM Lsd?

Jeffers_21

Member +
Im going to look at a car that is ment to have a oem lsd, How can i actully tell is has one?

Also what are the oem units like?

Nippon

Member +
Gearbox mount is different.

Driveshafts are different. (They are both very similar lengths rather than one shorter than the other)

If you can jack the car up at the front so both wheels are off the floor and spin one wheel, the other wheel will spin the opposite direction.

steo800

Member +
look at the chassis plate under bonnet.

non lsd code will be c52(gt) or c56(glanza)

but the lsd ones will have a "B" after them

corofin12345

Member +
look at the chassis plate under bonnet.

non lsd code will be c52(gt) or c56(glanza)

but the lsd ones will have a "B" after them

true in a sense but whos to know how many different gearboxes have gone into these cars over the years so a visual inspection would be the way to go about this... the trans code will be c56-o2b on a glanza for the lsd model,the non lsd model glanzas have c56-02a as the trans code

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
If you can jack the car up at the front so both wheels are off the floor and spin one wheel, the other wheel will spin the opposite direction.

They'll spin in the same direction mate, opposite direction would be an open diff.

Jeffers_21

Member +
cheers guy's, i went to see it and it did have the oem lsd. Its not quite as in your face as an aftermarket one but you can feelin working. I did buy the car too :D

steo800

Member +
oem diff for reference

notice bit of metal that seperates green housing from rest of gearbox

10052008266.jpg