Oh shitty

sgtturbo

Member +
:(Please need help bad.
My car is smokin proper bad,its def the turbo.
as i was putting the top mount back on after looking at the plugs (which were all dry) but as i connected the pipe from turbo to top mount the pipe actually moved back and forth bout an inch. Ilooked and its turning the inlet side of the turbo.?????????? There is no adjustment just looks like a big cir clip or sumthin.
The intercooller was soaked in oil too.
Please please help ppl

Chris@CCM

Member +
from what i rember there is a small pin to stop ur inlet side of ur turbo moving . but by the sounds of it u need a new turbo aways mate

sgtturbo

Member +
ok any idea on location of this pin please. Cheers.
Could i get oil seal kit???
The oil seals had gone ages ago i think but then the smoke randomly stopped. Untill this new development!!!
Please help sum body

Gilly2006

Member +
mine used to move like that, but i just had the turbo hyrbid and recond, i didn't worry about it as iv sold it since, unfortunatly!

Chris@CCM

Member +
The oil seals had gone ages ago i think but then the smoke randomly stopped. Untill this new development!!!
Please help sum body
i dont think theres any pont of trying to fix it mate juat get a recon turbo . u will need to take the turbo off and take the inlet side of it . its held on with a big C clip u sould see were the pin gos then .

Gilly2006

Member +
Please help sum body
you could take the turbo apart, its not difficult, and then asses what the problem is.

sgtturbo

Member +
lol well took turbo off and looke at it i noticed a hair line crack on the exhuast side from the wastegate. As usual apparently its common.
Any one have a turbo for sale???
PLEASE. im stuck for the time being and i cant afford a hole new turbo.
PLEASE