Oil in intercooler pipe

gaz12

Member +
Hi just bought ep82 and got oil in the dumpvavle and intercooler pipe any answer to wot might b wrong
cheers garry

DavidAshton

Member +
I wouldnt quite say "gone" just yet.

How much oil you talking about, they will get a thin film of oil in them even when the turbo is fine.

Jay

Admin
As David states it's usual to find a film of oil coating the inside of the intercooler pipes, if you have only just noticed this then it could just be a buildup from over a decade on the road.

With the stock recirc valve it wouldn't be noticed as it heads back into the air feed to the turbo but as you have fitted an atmospheric dump valve it'll be more noticeable.

I'd clean out the pipes and intercooler best you can then top up your oil level. If you find the engine is using oil then you can start worrying about turbos, rings and all that hassle but my hope is the level doesn't change too much between service intervals mate. :)

(Remember that any oil leaks/weeps could mess with your oil level so rectify any you find)

Keep us posted buddy,

Jay

kenchyturbo

Member +
hi there just reeding this post i have the same problem but ive only had the turbo technics hybrid 6 months from getting it completely renewed they said it could be oil presure oil pipe blocked sure someone on the forum will no theres some brains on here