Oil leak!! :(

jackkelly

Member +
hi lads my car is pissing oil :(.. its all on top of the rocker cover and it seems to be coming out of where the plug leads go in. is there a seal gone or something? i just changed the rocker cover gasket as there was a huge leak from there and now it's coming out of where the plugs go in, any ideas what this might be or how to fix it?

AdamB

Member +
Theres a set of rubber seals that go around the spark plug holes, you will need to whip the rocker cover off and look inside, you'll see 4 fairly big rubber O rings.
There is a tutorial on here some where of how to do it ;)

jackkelly

Member +
i know the ones alright do you think they have failed? the engine in her is only in a week and it's been sitting up for 2-3 years before i got it :) so most of the rubber seals and gaskets have perished :( i'll get those o-rings changed today and see how she is after that :).. rep added :D

AdamB

Member +
If the engine has been sat for a while with very little oil around them, then yes they will have perished.
Pretty easy job to do, just have to be careful when putting them back in the rocker cover :)

jackkelly

Member +
alright lads i braught her down to a mechanic i know and sad to say it's not the seals! :(.. theres too much oil pressure building up and it's just leaking out of the weakest point i.e oil breather and seals! :(.. speaking to 2 other mechanics they all said it's the head gasket so i'm getting that done and problem should be solved :)