Oil Pickup Torque Settings ? How much torque ?

tiksie

Member +
Hey guys,

I took off my sump and oil pickup today (not sure why many people don't like this ? Only took like 15 minutes with the car jacked up and exhaust off).

Anyway, I was wondering what the correct sequence (if there is any ?) and torque settings for the 3 bolts to put the oil pickup back on ?

Also, does the O-ring for the pickup seat closes to the bolt hole or closer to the oil hole ?

(this is for a 5E Block)

dac69er

Super Moderator
if the sump has been sealed properly its a bastard to remove.

I just do the bolts up tight. don't hang off them with a breaker bar and you should be fine. there is no sequence for bolting it up. just make sure its all seated correctly and you will be fine.

not sure what you mean about the O ring? it just fits in a groove on the pickup, as per the one you removed.

tiksie

Member +
if the sump has been sealed properly its a bastard to remove.

I just do the bolts up tight. don't hang off them with a breaker bar and you should be fine. there is no sequence for bolting it up. just make sure its all seated correctly and you will be fine.

not sure what you mean about the O ring? it just fits in a groove on the pickup, as per the one you removed.

Thanks heaps for clarification :)

weeJohn

Lifer
These will help, pulled from a Toyota 4e workshop manual, going to make them a sticky in the awesomely helpful section.

075108be-4cd5-4ef2-ada2-e6ae6846c114.jpg

20131009_2050461.jpg