Oil pressure problem.

Brad_L

Member +
Hello.

Ive had my manifold and turbo off as i needed to have my manifold skimmed ive now put it all back together and went to prime the turbo again and the oil light will not go off no matter how many times i try and turn it over.

My crank seal on the cambelt side is leaking slightly would that cause it not to build pressure? It was working fine before i took it all apart.

Cheers :)

Brad_L

Member +
Yeh it's got plenty of oil.

Ive spent in total about 2mins turning it over and even had jump leads on another car as the battery was going flat.

Brad_L

Member +
still got problems with this cunt.

I changed the oil and filter as the oil was a bit dirty but the light still aint going out.

anyone else got any idea's?

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
have ya had the sump off? maybe your pressure relief valve has shat itself!!!, screw's into the bottom of the block

Brad_L

Member +
ive got oil pressure gauges but i havent fitted them yet.

I might just take it to the garage.

Is it safe to let the car tick over as ive seen that another member had the same problem and the light went out after he started it. Ive just been swinging it over to try and make the light go away

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
bit of a risk starting it up dude if that light dont go off!! lol, upto you tho just makesure ya turn it straight off if the light stays on

Brad_L

Member +
i think i might just let the garage fix it.

Im really starting to lose interest in starlet's they spend more time off the road then on the road.

pig666eon

Member +
i just got over this problem lad, was the car 100% before you started?

if yes then there is a few things to do, try and back feed the oil take off the oil filter and the banjo bolt. first off feed from the oil port, fill up the filter and stick it on, then feed back as much as you can through the oil feed for the turbo both back into the sump and also try and get some to the turbo. its a messy job but worth doing

you will have the drain pipe off make sure there is oil draining down from that, i cranked it more than what you done and it didnt work i had to start it to get it all working, a mech told me once there is a bit of oil in the turbo you will get away with about 20 sec of starting it up before you will start to do some damage. be it on your own head tho starting it thats what i was told in the end thats what i had to do and it worked. in fairness it was pretty instant when i started it that all the pressure was back and there was oil draining from the turbo

is them seals the only ones gone? i changed the strainer o-ring, prv and the pcv and it worked fine so i cant say which one is at fault if any tbh as they looked good, something to try tho

Brad_L

Member +
yeh it all worked pefect before i took it all apart i need to have my manifold skimmed wished i didnt bother tbh.

I know ive got oil coming out the turbo as i removed the drain pipe and i filled the new oil filter with oil before fitting. Im going to try a new oil pressure sensor as they are only a fiver and taking the sump off is a last resort

pig666eon

Member +
my light didnt go off until i ran it, it just doesnt make sense why it would be working and now just not if you get me

its up to you but i would put money on it if you turned it on the problem would go away, its up to you at the end of the day haha i dont want to be responceable for damage but the mech told me that there would be fuck all wrong, you have to prime a new turbo very well because of the complete lack of oil but a turbo you just took off will have enough oil to keep going for about 20 sec is the max he said, i had oil in less than 5 secs and i turned it off

the oil light went straight away off and that was that, i really cant see it being the oil pressure sensor but i could be wrong, just doesnt make sense why it could be fucked

dac69er

Super Moderator
could well be the sender. when i rebuilt my engine and all the oil was removed it built oil pressure up pretty quickly when i cranked it over

Brad_L

Member +
i will run it tomorrow for a few seconds and see what happens i cant see it doing any damage if the turbo is getting oil.

if that dont work i will get a new sender.