oil stem cells problem

ter-ep91

Member +
my engines giving alot smoke and oil issues and ive bin told to change stem cells which n one seams to know a thing a bout
do the head gasget have to b changed while this is bein done as it so it wud just b cheaper for me to get and engine!

y3Lo

Member +
head gasket will probably need changing, but i dont know for sure, somebody will confirm.

you could get a new engine, but who's to say that wont develop another problem in a couple of months time? there all getting old now.

munday

Member +
The valve stem seals usually cause smoking when you first start it up, as the oil seeps past the seals while its sitting, doesnt usually smoke after its been running a couple of minutes

ter-ep91

Member +
The valve stem seals usually cause smoking when you first start it up, as the oil seeps past the seals while its sitting, doesnt usually smoke after its been running a couple of minutes

yup yup thats it exactly!!!
once the cars bin driving a few mintes its perfect then again!!!
so i defo need to change them but ive bin told i mite have to get the head gasget done
the engine has 140000 miles as i drive alot but the engine is very wel serviced and looked after until the cells went
wud it b advised to get the gasget done 2?

Jay

Admin
If you are taking the cylinder head off it's usual procedure to change the headgasket. Probably best if you got the full engine gasket kit from Toyota (around £120) as it will include all the seals you need and quite a few you don't. Valve stem oil seals and a new headgasket are included in the kit.

Parts info (click me)

Cheers,

Jay