ok new set up have some questions.

PSI JOE

Member +
hey guys I have a couple of question for you. well more or less will this work type deal.

ok so I have a built 5e+ custon turbo set up ect ect that im taking out for the time being. (im re rebuilding it due to I wanna do a few other things to it.) I am replacing it with just a compleatly stock 4efte and the stock ct9 turbo.

-now my question is. i dont just wanna leave it stock cuz im gonna have to rock the 4efte for a bit; no big deal. but reading alot of posts about boost levels, supposting mods the usual.
my question is im not looking for crazy power for the time being but at least 170 at the crank would be nice. now i took out the walbro 255 and am replacing it with an msd 53gph inline fuel pump. which is like 200.63 Litres if I did the convertion right? I also plan on running like 12psi off a mbc, some ghetto intake or a good one what ever I decide? and I have 2.5 full exaust. with the factory dp still on for the time being. now should I assume I should get some 330cc inj from say a 7mge? oh yea im planing on running a meth injection set up on as well. and I am going to make up some new piping to use my fmic too. my main question is do you guys think I need to get a rrfpr and an uprated acuator, fcd? or do you think I even need them.
my prob is that id love to buy stuff from toby/ toytunning but with the way the usd compares to the pound/even the euro it would be like paying 2 times the price=crap.
damn sorry for the long post. but I am kinda also undecided weither I am going to do wepr uprated ct9 kit or build a gt25r kit from scratch. thats why I dont wanna spend a bunch of money for the ct9 if I dont have to. anyway give me your guys opinions. all my smarts are in 3sgte's and these motors are way diff in what works and what doesnt. its crazy!

Last edited:

Rik

Member +
If you want 170, all you really need is an uprated manifold, downpipe, exhaust which you have and some other bits, its not too hard to get too. The actuator will be a good purchase as the stock one is not adjustable an poo at holding boost! 12-13psi is around the stock boost so you won't really need an mbc, you might as well just use the adjustable actuator to set your boost. The RRFPR will come in handy if you want to run abit more boost so you can just get the tuning guys to crank the fueling up with it. You will also be fine with the standard 285cc injectors for now, but if you go for the hybrid you will need to get the 330cc's.

I imagine some more people can add to this as i've probably missed stuff out lol but if you don't wanna buy from toby, speedvision on here is based in new york, so it won't be major money to get stuff off him!

PSI JOE

Member +
cool thanks dude. AND I WISH I COULD BUY FROM TOBY (TOY TUNNING HAS TONS OF STUFF I WANT) BUT YEA PAYING TWICE AS MUCH IS NOT COOL. and any info on the meth inj on the 4efte's? so really no mbc just intake, exaust, fmic, and a de cat u think id be good huh? kinda worried about creep. i sereously think im gonna just build my own kit. lol.

Rik

Member +
Im not sure on the meth injectors mate, you will have to wait and see if anyone on here knows :( You could use an mbc if you want to be able to set boost easier yeah, its handy, saves having to unwind the actuator. Or pick up a cheap ebc second hand :) You could always get the ct9 power up kit that sacha from speedvision is doing if you are worried about boost issues etc.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=13188

PSI JOE

Member +
yea iv been looking at that kit since he put that up their. it is a sweet deal indeed cant beat around 600 bucks. I might just do it for the time being while I build the other kit. thanks guys! ill have to make a post for a meth inj question I think!

Rik

Member +
Yeah sorry about the mixup! I was looking at a topic on the speedvision hybrid to see if any updates about mine so got names mixed up, doh!! Meant to have put WEPR :(