P**sed off with this place

fec

Member +
I know the whole country is in right fuck*n mess at the minute and there is not much sign off it getting any better any time soon..

Just heard today that the unemployment rate is now 11%!!We've gone from 4.5% for last 8 years to now the 4th highest rate in the EU,every day 1000 people are being let go and have to go onto the dole.

I lost my job back at the start off December,there is very little sign off getting anything resembling new job for what looks like years.My 2 brothers will be out off work soon also,I am usually very positive but this situation seems so unprecidented off course not being helped by our totally useless politicians.

For instance what happened last July when this whole crisis was starting to become lot worse,the Dail went on its holidays until the end off September even though they only bloody sit for a total off 96 days a year!!!And they get paid basic 102K Euro plus average expenses off 60K year on top off this to sit for less than 100 days a year..

It is this greed and lack off drive from the government and public service that just isn't helping the situation at all.They all got pay rises but yet didn't account for this by giving greater productivity.The average public sector pay is 20% greater than the private sector even though the private sector is way more productive.
Any time I hear someone from the trade unions or public sector representative speaking they seem to say ''How dare they take money off us..'' even though most people still lucky enough to have a job have had to take big pay cut,less hours maybe and even 3 day week.
It is these workers that pay for the bloody public service

For instance:A while ago there were marches and threats off strikes from public servants because they would have to pay something like 2% towards their pension(Paycut in other words).Even though they are guarenteed to keep their job(unless they murder someone..) and have gold guilted pensions they make these stupid threats for industrial action,egged on by the equally useless trade unions!!

Sorry if this sounds like right moan,I dont usually go on like this,promise:haha:

Has anyone on here been unfortunate enough to loose their job or are expecting to loose them in the future?

Rant over

I work a full 5 days per week. The amount of tax I pay now as a worker is savage. People that are on the dole and can avail to claim an extra 85 euro per week for rent allowance and get other allowances are nearly better off than I am. The country is in shambles and will not get any better until Cowen and his army get out. Other problem is that we have no other party that would take over:confused:

fec

Member +
I work a full 5 days per week. The amount of tax I pay now as a worker is savage. People that are on the dole and can avail to claim an extra 85 euro per week for rent allowance and get other allowances are nearly better off than I am. The country is in shambles and will not get any better until Cowen and his army get out. Other problem is that we have no other party that would take over:confused:

Another example is all the junior ministers that are in government.

I challenge anyone to name 3 off these people and tell me what they do for their huge salaries.
This government would rather cut back on critically needed staff in hospitals and teachers but keep these overpaid muppets in their needless jobs.These lads only get the postion off junior minister because Bertie wanted to keep them sweet after they lost thier seats,jobs for the boys..

Kelly

Member +
Its scary and a mess and its awful for the ppl who have lost their jobs and are willing/actively looking for other work and are struggling.

I guess this is one of the benefits that my crappy job i've always moaned about is for one of the biggest companies in the UK, Tesco so i should be a ok and the fact that i'm now pregnant too gives it that bit more security.

Didnt the PM but a hold on all the politicians salaries going up the few percent?

The riots in london at the moment are just a little reflection of how angry the public are that we are in this mess.

dan

Member +
Its scary and a mess and its awful for the ppl who have lost their jobs and are willing/actively looking for other work and are struggling.

Was hard seeing my dad being made redundant twice last year, its took him almost 12 months to get back into work, he finally got a job last week!

he was lucky, as he was just about to have serious problems with his house as all his insurances were due to stop paying Mid april, so they would of lost there home.

pisses me right off.

BlackRocket

Member +
I lost my job last month and can I hell get a job!

I'm well educated, well qualified and have good experiece in a few sectors but every job I go for I get knocked back! :confused::(
I was told by one company that they had had over 350 applications for the 1 position...I don't even live in a major city!

Its just a ferkin shambles!

Steve

stuart

Member +
My contract ends in June, I'm searching now... Even applied for a (wait for the gasp) a single figure per year job ... I got knocked back for that too! Couldn't believe it.
Its a sad situation at the moment, not too sound racist or anything but its true, cheaper, oversea's labour is pushing out British workers. Its going to get worse before it gets better in my eyes too. There is a large Morrisons outlet/delivery centre opening near me, well hell, its not even built yet. I've already enquired about positions there, to which they replied they have all already been 'out-sourced' :(

One big problem in this country is
that we are to soft fact. We all
complain and moan but never do
anything about it. As for the
fucking wasters in the dail they are
doing what they do because we
let them away with it. They were
voted in by the same dickheads
that are now complaining and
they'll vote them in again too. We
need to take a leaf out of the
oap's book see what happened
when the government tryed to take
their pension the went straight to
Dublin and went mental and got it
sorted.

In my eyes the government are the
biggest gangsters and crookes in
the land. There upping the tax
robbing the ordinary joe soap who
still has a job yet there giving
themselves a 3 grand pay rise out
of my pocket then they are telling
me I'm gona have to drop my
standard of living. Oh I swear to
god my blood is fucking boiling
here! SCUM!:mad: This country is
on its hands and knees its alot
worse then we are being told too.
The social welfare is gona run out
soon to then what are we gona do.
Its the fucking blind leading the
blind in government. They are
accomplishing nothing and all they
seem to do is blame the global
economy not themselves. Sorry
about the Faisil stylee writing im
on my fone.

ikzgtt

Member +
i got an even better one lads,

try working for some fucker for years that decides he wants to move offices to liverpool from manchester but not subsidise the daily travelling. we were told, if we cant do it, they will need us no longer and we would have to resign (paid) or be layed off for not attending work in which we lose pay as he will not fire us unless we do not attend.

the wage is pathetic and less than min wage if we travel to liverpool. when we had to leave due to not being able to afford to get to work like 80% of the building, you are not classed as redundant as you were not fired and get NO help with c.tax, jobseekers etc.

when we tried to persue this legally, we find out our boss has gone into liquidation and manchester office burnt down!! nowt you can do.absolute fuck all!

leaves you with no job and no entitlement to any help. hurts when u worked for over 13 years and paid taxes and the unemployed cunt next door gets £190 fortnightly and he never worked.

unemployed but need to live, pay rent and find c.tax for each month but not applicable for benefit of any kind although held a high paid job for over 13 years! all because of the way the boss fucked us to keep all his money prior to liquidation.

our loving government allows this to happen daily to millions!

bucketep91

Member +
av been out of work since the end of december, im a self employed floor layer and there is just no work anywhere atm i was subcontracted to 4 different companies2 of which have went bust, iv lost my flat and had to moove back in with my mum and dad and my gf just gave birth to our first child 3 weeks ago, times are hard just now every1s feeling it, the country is in a terrible mess lets just hope its over soon

y3Lo

Member +
it is very frustrating, my next door neighbour got made redundant and says he isnt even looking for a job, because of the benefits he recieves now are MORE than he was being offered for employment!!

how the hell can he scrounge more money than if he worked? it's a f*ckin joke.

also my gf dad is getting laid off for the second time, he got a nice big payout the first time, says he's just going to relax, go on holiday a couple of times and wait til the company wants him back AGAIN!