Pcv valve removal, gutting

Danza V :D

Member +
Right guys, I've got a problem with my pcv valve. Now I like to do things for free and easy lol which will work well. 1. How do you gut the pcv.. 2 any other ideas as to how to use the existing pcv valve hole or after you have gutted it in different ways ie relocating it some where else. Any help again welcomed

H_D

Member +
Take your rocker cover off and just pry it out but it will more than likely break inside the rocker cover so make sure you remove every bit that breaks off,
Block off the pipe that goes into the inlet manifold and just use an aeroquip hose to put back in the rocker cover and vent it towards the ground

Member +
Can you just block the pcv valve off altogether ? Cause surely there will be enough "breathing" due tj a rocker cover breather? Therefore the pcv will remained closed constantly ..

Member +
So basically block off the inlet. Then disconnect the oil on the pcv and just leave it like that? So it's defunct and not doing anything that should work... Right ?

Member +
Will bare that in mind just though that here would've an easier way for instance just leaving it with no pipe on or no vacuum source would stop it working and save the risk of snapping if off. As I already have breather on my cover.. Not contradicting you mate just z query :)

H_D

Member +
The pcv is a one way valve that opens up on when a certain amount of pressure goes through it.
Getting rid of it alltogether will give the engine much better breathing.

leaving it on without a vacuum source will still restrict breathing as it will still needs a certain ammount of pressure to vent out the gases

Member +
I may do the suggestion you made. What sort of fitment is it under the pcv valve, threaded or? What makes the squeaking noise then? Is if the valve is stuck open or? Is it a problem that it squeaks? I will replace it however :)

H_D

Member +
once its been gutted out its just an open hole,
Yo can squeeze an aeroquip hose on the hole and route it to the bottom of the engine area so all the gasses are passing out from the bottom

Dont know about the squeeking noise tho.

Member +
It's a squeaking/ whisltling noise on idle coming from engine in any gear at any temp. Although disappears when driving at speed only when throttle is off if makes the noise.. Any ideas? Sorry tad off topic