Piston cooling with oil injectors

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
hi, i heard form someone who build an 7afte, he wants to upgrade the piston cooling by adding Oil bleeders in block which spray oil at the piston from below.
Dont know how its real called in english. Does some put this in an 4efte? do i need this for an normal upgrade in a streetcar? I dont have an track car.

thx, Jan

Ben89

Lifer
There generally called oil sprayers, alot of cars have them as standard, I believe the astra vxr and the focus rs use them, it's also a popular upgrade for the rs cosworth owners, unfortunately I'm not too clued up on the applications of them and have never heard of the system being fitted to a 4efte.

GP82

Member +
On the Toyota Supra 2JZ TT block there are oil squirters housed within the block which squirts oil underneath the piston to aid cooling, but to my suprise i jus' recently found out that they are only in operation at low loads (ball and spring loaded) and actually do not squirt on boost so the oil pressure is used elsewhere within the block.

If you use a aftermarket piston/piston rings or/and a good oil cooling system, you will be just as reliable and i do not think it is neccessary for a streetcar.

Is your friend drilling into the block and tapping in to a oil gallery within the 7AFTE block?

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
its an 7afe block, he drills into the block directly to the oil presure line. Dont realy know if its an good idea to drill holes. It must be very acurate

GP82

Member +
its an 7afe block, he drills into the block directly to the oil presure line. Dont realy know if its an good idea to drill holes. It must be very acurate

Yes you have to be very accurate, ideally you need a rig setup for the block to tap into the oil way so the block has no chance of moving while drilling. The pistons your friend will use with the oil squirters will need to have a escape route underneath them for the oil to pass by too.

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
Honda B-Series use this system, and i have wondered how i could use the same type of thing in the 4e.
Would aid in cooling, as long as it doesnt drop the presure to much.

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
but no one put oil squiters in an 4efte, there is no need for this? alle hihg power FTE run fine without such extra cooling

Stu-

Member +
Oil squirters are stock in the later redtop/silvertop/blacktop 4ages but you need to machine the block in a 7a to suit. Its not that big a job - just need to find a machinist to get them spot on.