Pneumatic Fuel cut defender or electronic

mark-tozer

Member +
im after getting a fuel cut defender which one would you recommend. manual or electric. im swaying more towards the manual as real quick to fit and no electrics to go wrong also they are half the price of electric. (if go for turbosmart) .

Joelean

Member +
If your asking in terms of what it's designed to do then yeah, i never had any problems with fuel cut. However they don't really do anything but bleed air from the map sensor an a electrical fcd is just gonna clamp the signal sent to the ecu.

The downside with using any fcd is that you aren't doing anything to sort the fueling past the point of factory fuel cut, if anything the scaling effect on the airflow signal is alway gonna tell the ecu less air is running through the engine that actually is. Which often ends up in running lean.

My advice is to always check your afr's with a wideband and adjust the fueling accordingly

biscuit

Member +
Just an update on this – I don’t really want to be cutting cables etc – will a manual (VAC line attached) unit work as well as the HKS / JAM units?

It seems with the cold weather that the HKS actuator can’t quite keep the boost below fuel cut – all supporting mods are there.

weeJohn

Lifer
Does the manual one stay open all the time or just when the boost reaches a specific level?

Never seen one of them before, just curious.