possible starter motor?

twaiter

Member +
Hi guys ive noticed recently when starting the gt it turns 2 times, then pauses and kicks into life almost like the starter is sticking?

So turn the key, chug chug.. quick pause, chug and start.

any thoughts?

studoc72

Member +
Aye mate sounds like your starter hows the battery for power? Does it sound like the engine is turning over pretty slowly i take it? Old corsas were bad for this probly just a new starter i dont think there expensive at all.

twaiter

Member +
its a new battery within the last month or so..
i take it they are easy to change?
i'll probs just get a 2nd hand one if the new ones are expensive, i take it the starter will just pack in or do they usually keep going?

studoc72

Member +
Awryt kl well you got a multimeter to check the battery just incase its faulty? I dunno buddy never done a starter on these before should be easy enough tho most starters are. Would you just don it yourself? I think it will keep going but i cudnt garuntee it heres a link its worth sticking a new one on for the sake of 40 quid. Check your earths though there could be a dodgey wire going to it. http://www.id-workz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_8_51&products_id=247

weeJohn

Lifer
It could also be that 1 cylinder has higher compression than the rest, possibly due to a little oil, water or fuel leaking into it. Have you any other symptoms or just the starter?

just check it rewound for 60 quid it cost me mate most garages can get it done pretty fast thats what i done and its pretty much a new motor they jst change the bushes in the starter and jobs a belter !