Power Steering question

fastglanza

Member +
does anyone know if the power steering pump is removed and hoses blanked off causes any damage to the steering rack?

seems this is my only alternative to get a filter to fit...im sure i'll come up with a way to run the a/c with a short belt

Matt Glanza

Member +
ull fail an mot mate with the power steering removed and the fluid lines just looped as i found out a few days ago.

twincam90

Fresh Recruit
does anyone know if the power steering pump is removed and hoses blanked off causes any damage to the steering rack?

seems this is my only alternative to get a filter to fit...im sure i'll come up with a way to run the a/c with a short belt

it wont do any damage to the rack mate it will just be really hard to turn the wheel when parking or somtin:haha:

fastglanza

Member +
yeah i know it is a bit hard to turn when moving at slow speeds...just wanted to confirm it doesnt harm the steering rack

also im not from europe so no mot lol

Matt Glanza

Member +
That's ok then.havnt heard of it doing any damage just make sure you loop the fluid lines down by the rack to keep the rack lubricated the after a few miles tee into the line and run a breather pipe to prevent the pressure from building up and making the steering stiffer again