powerflex engine mounts

thorpy

Member +
basically ive had some new powerflex engine mount bushes fitted and since then when ya start the car up it vibrates really bad the garage just said its because of the bushes being a lot tougher just wondered if this is right or is it a load of bollox? has any1 else experianced the same thing?

main reason for asking is cos ive had work done on my gearbox at the same time and i know if they havnt lined the box up properly when they have put it back on then it would be doing this vibration

Fro

Member +
As far as im aware, from what ive read only, that its probably the tougher bushes like the guy said

addz

Member +
Powerflex bushes on my car still viabrate through the car, as much as they did when first fitted a good few months ago!

Gives such a possitive feel though!

STARLET N/A

Member +
When i fitted mine the vibration was ridiculous, but now a couple of weeks later is much better. It also improved the handling aswell. Would recommend them to anyone!

hardcoreep

Member +
How bad are the powerflex ones, because I cant take the roughness. I had a set of Carbing units but they were for motorsports only. I've felt the TRD ones and they arent that bad, and that car had 300+ whp.

Ive a set in mine and they are a fuckin nitemare they would shake the filling out of your teeth, ive had them in for 4 months now and they are as hard as the day i put them in.

If anyone would like a set of powerflex bushes already in the mounts, ill gladly px them for a standard set.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Ive a set in mine and they are a fuckin nitemare they would shake the filling out of your teeth, ive had them in for 4 months now and they are as hard as the day i put them in.

If anyone would like a set of powerflex bushes already in the mounts, ill gladly px them for a standard set.

whats our idle set to? shake on idle only?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well mine are perfect :) bit more shaky than the oem ones but not much! gear change in fullchat is much better :D

thorpy

Member +
cool thats ok then was just worried that it could be a problem with whatever they did with the gearbox i kinda like the vibrations in a way feels even more powerfull :p

only problem is i cant see shit thru the rear view mirror its just a blurrr with it vibrating but nevermind still got 2more mirrors lol :)

I've got trd mounts and an engine damper and I get teh same, vibrates the car on idle and the rear mirror is only good for making out shapes of whats behind me.

weakboy2

Member +
my idle when hot is about 600 and it barely vibrates, vibrates like feck at 1k tho. try lowering your idle a bit.