pulling to the right

Ian_w

Member +
I've noticed the past week or so my car pulls to the right. So i've had my tracking done today, thats fine now. But it still pulls. I'm *sure* i checked for this on the test drive and it was fine. It's something i always check for. I did jack it up to the do the oil at some point, maybe i bent something? But its the same place i used to jack the almera up at and that was fine :S.

Took it too toyota, they said they won't touch an import :(. Not sure where to go from here tbh.. Ideas?

Ian :(

Dave.

Member +
How badly does it pull? Do you have any uneven tyre wear?

Might just be the camber of the road to be honest...

Also, you won't have damaged anything jacking it up, I assume you jacked it at the jacking points (just behind front wheel on the sill and just in front of rear wheel, on the sill)

Dave

Ian_w

Member +
erm well.. no :s

DSCF1513.jpg

thats the point there.

edit: Pulling isnt super bad, but its bad enough. Even if it was only a bit id still want to to get it sorted tbh.

Ian_w

Member +
lol :p

no im 6 foot and 12 stone :eek:

I just fixed it >_<. One tyre was 32PSI... other was 20! lol :)

Note: Regularly check your tyre pressures :)

starbogt

Member +
When garages track a car they only use one side this makes the wheels line up but the steering wrack is out of line they need to adjust both sides or the car will pull too one side as it is. Mine was the same so I marked a piece of wood with the distance between tyres front and rear then adjusted until the steering wheel and wrack were central this cured my car pulling and hope it helps you too. Really easy I did mine without raising the car too much but you must shake the steering after adjustments and ride and then check to make sure its where it should be.

Andrew

Texx

Super Moderator
lol :p

no im 6 foot and 12 stone :eek:

I just fixed it >_<. One tyre was 32PSI... other was 20! lol :)

Note: Regularly check your tyre pressures :)

Nice to see the garage set your tyre pressures before they checked your wheel alignment. :flame:

Mine does pull a little bit but i think thts down to something like the anti roll bar? Looks like its setup OK.. but it does love to wonder!.

Ian_w

Member +
Nice to see the garage set your tyre pressures before they checked your wheel alignment. :flame:

I was quite surpirsed too. As they got the superviser over. Put the car on the lift, had a look under and he was like "I can't see anything wrong with it at all". Oh well, might avoid them in future.

Ian

Jaak

Member +
I got the same problem!!!

I took my car to be aligned, 3 times from the same place, because of the tracking wasnt done correctly.

Now the car goes dead straight when i go 60km/h, but as soon as i get to 100-120km/h, then the car just plunges to the left?

Ive taken my car through NCT, and they said my tracking is perfect.

I dont know what to do anymore.