Quiet SSQV

ianmcintoshi

Member +
When my starlet had a ct9 and tmic my hks ssqv was very loud and high pitched and would release even at very low revs. When i went td04 with a fmic i used no bov for a while, and have only recently got around to fitting my ssqv again. Its now very quiet. At low revs u can barely hear it and even when on full boost it still nowhere near as loud and high pitched as before. Is this normal? or do i have a faulty dump valve?

My only thoughts were that maybe the longer intercooler pipes had something to do with it or the fact the td04 is more laggy???

Any opinions would be appreciated.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
mines got louder since using a hybrid ct9, as i assumed its something too dowith amount off boost through system. but mines never been quiet. an got a reall great sound too it. have you opened it up too check the insde?

ianmcintoshi

Member +
mines got louder since using a hybrid ct9, as i assumed its something too dowith amount off boost through system. but mines never been quiet. an got a reall great sound too it. have you opened it up too check the insde?

Yeah mate, i opened it up and gave it a clean. Everything seemed to be fine. Just went for a drive there now and its mega quiet :( I need to give it proper sport to get any noise.