Quinn Direct gone into administration!

The government have sent administrators in to run the company and review the craic everything is fine for now... I have two policies with them I hope I dont loose that money if the shit hits the fan.

Galen

Lifer
Ive been insured with them for nearly 4 years cause they were the cheapest for me. But if another company came close to matching there price Id change because if you have to make a claim off Quinn your fucked! Thats probably what has them where they are now

clarkytrd

Member +
id say thats exactly why they are fecked now!

i wouldnt even chance claiming off them cause they're hopeless!

Mike_ep91

Member +
cheers for clearing that up corey, thought they just went belly up and that was it.

to be honest quinn were the only reasonable company that would insure me when I started off drving, ill now have 4 years NCB with them so lets hope they hold out for another while.

Tobz91

Member +
Im screwed if they go under no one else will insure me !

Second that, well I haven't tried anywhere else really but it would be a lot more costly I guess! I don't want to lose my NCB for this year aswell. Although it says ' Existing UK policyholders will not be affected by this decision as existing policies will remain valid. Customers can make claims in the normal way '.

Galen

Lifer
cheers for clearing that up corey, thought they just went belly up and that was it.

to be honest quinn were the only reasonable company that would insure me when I started off drving, ill now have 4 years NCB with them so lets hope they hold out for another while.

Yeah Il have 4 year NCB in July so hope they last til then!

If they do go It'll make it a lot harder for young lads getting first time insurance and for people insuring jap imports

Galen

Lifer
Just got this over on DTD

Ireland's largest insurance firm, Quinn Insurance was effectively put in the control of the state on Tuesday after the country's financial watchdog said it was gravely concerned about the firm.

The High Court in Dublin appointed a provisional administrator to the company owned by billionaire Sean Quinn after an application by the Central Bank and the Financial Regulator.

The regulator said its officials are on the company floor overseeing the day-to-day business of Quinn Direct and Quinn Healthcare in the interests of policy holders.

In a statement, the regulator said it had launched an investigation into issues at Quinn Insurance which had recently come to light.

"The appointment of joint provisional administrators will better protect policy-holders," the regulator said.

"It will allow the firm to remain open for business, to continue to be run as a going concern under different management and to put the business on a sound commercial and financial footing."

The company also operates Quinn Insurance UK and the regulator has ordered this wing of the insurance giant to stop writing new business in the UK.

"Existing UK policyholders will not be affected by this decision as existing policies will remain valid".

"Customers can make claims in the normal way," the regulator said.

"The effect of this action is to prevent Quinn Insurance Limited suffering further financial losses from its currently unprofitable UK business."

The two main businesses affected by the court order are Quinn Healthcare and Quinn Direct, which offers motor, home and business policies.

It is understood the company's solvency levels were being monitored before the regulator decided to move in.

Quinn will continue to trade as normal and will remain open for business.

The regulator said the Quinn Life business is a separate entity and unaffected by the court action.

sanchez

Member +
Wow i have had my 2 previous cars insured with quinn as they were by far the cheapest.

But they wouldnt touch me on the gt till i was 21, was 19 at the time. :(

Johnny_C

Lifer
they are a rotton shower of robbing cunts,when my renewal is up ill be leaving them.
and if the state are now in control,expect the prices to go up,this is rip off ireland after all.

corofin12345

Member +
how the hell has this come about and they the dearest out there... i personally hate quinn direct tbh but for those insured by them its time 2 go insurence shopping i think before you get stung and ive no doubt they will rip most of their customers off with this situation

TURBO2010

Member +
how the hell has this come about and they the dearest out there... i personally hate quinn direct tbh but for those insured by them its time 2 go insurence shopping i think before you get stung and ive no doubt they will rip most of their customers off with this situation

x2!!

ROBBERS!!!!

Tobz91

Member +
For young drivers I have to say they are probably about the cheapest company without 'fronting'!

Mike_ep91

Member +
To be honest, without Quinn half the country wouldnt be driving because at a time when other companies were looking for mental amounts of money Quinn were giving the best qoutes around and thats a FACT!

As johnny saud now that the government are in id be expecting the prices of renewals and new qoutes to rise.

My own renewal is up at the end of May and if its not lower than it was last year they can go and F*ck themselves, cause ill be on the lookout for a cheaper deal.