quinn direct- no over 250bhp cars?

affy

Lifer
what a joke, i am really angry with quinn, been with them for long, i have 5 no claims, and they wont even insure me on a celica gt4 st205

they say they dont insure anything over 250bhp? why? lol what a joke, theres me buildng up my no claims for what? whats the point, and i'm getting qoutes of over £3400 lol

i'm still shopping around, i havnt bought the gt4 yet as i had a feeling it may not be good with insurance lol,

i must find one.........:(

anyone else had the same problem

mate you got to get a way from quinn direct they are day light robbers. I rang them up there they want 1300euros and i am 25 with 2 years no claims.Keep shopping around it will pay off.

gv1.3

Admin
the fastest car they would insure for me was the mr2 and their price was cheap, think it cost me 500 and odd for the year.

I tried getting quotes on other cars and they said that typically if the car is above 250hp they wont insure it. Different insurance companies have different limitations I suppose. There are other companies that will insure it. If you are in Ireland try 123.ie

Foggy

Member +
I got a good quote off 123.ie.
I know in ireland by law if you are with a insurance company they have to quote you might be the same in the uk?

junior_G

Member +
my renewal came in pretty cheap too.. i was shittin it cus peeps i work with using bog standard motors, all went up.. they wouldnt touch my bro in law's ep3 CTR either.. surprised ! :eek:

mrkd5916

Fresh Recruit
i knoW how you feel mate! the company i am with wouldnt insure me on my bros 4x4 pick up! but they sed they would insure my glanza with most things like rollcages, brakes, and any horsepower

kilo

Member +
quinn are losers now, i got silly renwals of them, the woman hung up i laughed that hard. went to greenlight, pretty reasonble.

Derek

Lifer
Quinn want 1900 of me for a 1.2 punto.:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
:homer::rolleyes:

pig666eon

Member +
if you say your gt is off the road and you want to transfer your ins over onto the celica they cannot refuse a quote. failing that man why not put it in someone elses name and get the extension cover?

Tanz

Lifer
Sometimes just putting your mom,sister or girlfriend on your policy can reduce your quote quite a bit...

Believe it or not but insurance companies still believe that us women are still the more reliable drivers..

affy

Lifer
though they was messing me about, so mr dylan you have had it too then lol, i was laughing when they told me honestly i thought they are messing me about, because i can drive any car maybe i should get someone else insured on it? my policy lets me drive any other car with the ownsers permission ;-)

also i've realized here where i live no claims dont make a difference, we have the highest insurance here, too many idiots making claims etc... and now anyonme from this end who try to ring quinn they hang up on them or tell them they wont give the policy, thats how bad it is here, i have 5 no claims but when getting qotes they dont seem to be making any difference.........i need to mooooooooveeeeeeeee but cant with few hundred quid in back

not going to give up yet, need to shop around before that celica gets sold lol, got 2 weeks to find one

ONE THING FOR SURE I TOLD THEM ON THE PHONE DONT EXPECT ME TO RENEW AGAIN, QUINNS CHANGED ALOT SINCE THE NEW OWNERS TOOK OVER :-(

@ tanz soon they'l all realize :p lol

the bullet

Member +
they quoted me 7 grand last year for my glanza with 3 years no claims haha went to asgard and got it for 1000euro wat a difference there !!!

skyinsurance

Member +
i'm still shopping around, i havnt bought the gt4 yet as i had a feeling it may not be good with insurance lol,

They are good cars to insure.. we insure a fair few of them through our affiliation with the GT4OC.

Have you tried my company for a quote?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

affy

Lifer
They are good cars to insure.. we insure a fair few of them through our affiliation with the GT4OC.

Have you tried my company for a quote?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

WRC? PLEASE DONT TEMPT ME LOL, although i doubt it i could afford one of them, but awsome cars

i would like a qoute please :). i've sent you a pm Ollie

thanks