radiator drain cock leaking

when driving and engine running no leaks and everything fine, when i turn the engine off it begins to leak a little from the drain cock (underneath the rad, that plastic butterfly tap). it was very little leaking and not doing it often either, but today checked it again after 5 days nt starting it and found a much larger pool of coolant, exactly underneath the drain cock.
my assumption is that the packing i.e. the o ring (washer) that seals the drain cock is worn out and need to be replaced. i've checked part number and results in 96711-19007 Packing (For radiator drain cock).

can any one confirm to me please as i need to order it cause its out of stock here :S

im in gozo mate and for original parts its a bit difficult to find even for a simple o ring, nut and bolt sometimes! but must be at toyota by next friday or so!

tomgt106

Member +
Sry to bring up an Old thread but i have the same problem..im not talkig about the plug itself its the little pipe that comes off underneath the radiator..leaks all the time..if u get a washer where does it go? Im abit confused :s