rear gearbox mount

allpr0h

Member +
hi there

wanna first say thanks to all the people who helped me here invaluably my swap is running im very happy ;] but im very unlucky in life, this is what happened to my rear gearbox mount after about 2000km

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBNB_avo-ho&feature=youtu.be

anyone eve experienced this..? should i guess into buying another one or get a stock rubber mount... it was a powerflex bushing, i sent them a mail with the video..... waiting for a reply

what do you think i should do...

thanks a lot
nate

weeJohn

Lifer
Seen that before, seen one split and come right out when the car was launched off the line. An engine torque damper is a good accessory for preventing things like this happen when you are pushing it on.

dac69er

Super Moderator
surely they shouldnt do that though unless its a defect? ive had an exhaust mount just split on me before, pretty much straight after i fitted it. got a replacement and it was fine ever since

allpr0h

Member +
wow..
alright, thanks for the reply
i might make some or order a torque damper... imma get a new set of engine/gearbox mounts but not from powerflex

im really desapointed.... anyways

thanks!

dac69er

Super Moderator
and people wonder why manufacturing is dying out in the uk. made in china is a better seal of quality nowadays :(