Rebuild or Buy a 4EFTE ???S

ep - karlb

Member +
wel lads. .just want to know what price you be looking at to rebuild 4efte ?,just pistons rods (used),rings, bearings, seals etc + labour ??by the way have cracked pistons i believe .or the other option of buying another engine ?but i think rebuilding would be worth the extra .feedback appreciated ?

ep - karlb

Member +
yah man very true think its the right job .how long would it take to do this amount of work ??if your obviously mechanical minded and know how to rebuild an engine .

X2 rebuild your lump

Take it the bottom end has gone in it mate ???? If thats the case then your going to need to get the journals on the crank ground new big ends bearings and main bearings trust washers new oil pump oil filter and replace all the oil seals in the bottom end.... When i did mine it took about 2days after i got it bk from the machining shop to rebuild it and get it back in and running and it has bin fine ever since

Last edited:

socks

Member +
as long as the bores are ok buddy, rebuilding would be the best option... may also be a good oppertunity to forge for more powerrrr :p