Recarpiting

goldenvtr

Member +
Anyone re-carpeted there interior? im on about just the floor, i threw my old carpet out as it was wasted by oil ect rather than buying a new replacment might try and be diffrent:p

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
seen it done but it wasn't tacked just cut to fit..20min job if you know what your doing...do a half at a time

Wild

Member +
Car upholsterers do this and I think the prices are quite reasonable (no high cost of materials like re-trims)

May be worth getting into a yellow pages and ringing for some quotes.

Get a nice new red carpet in there or soemthing ;)

goldenvtr

Member +
ill be doing it myself:p and it wont be red lol. Just wondering if anyone has done it before and what carpet them use, and what they used to stick it down ECT..

goldenvtr

Member +
a few grams its ok to add :p all apart of my overhaul to the car :) might take the rear cards out to make up the weight diffrence lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
im sure its not too hard if you strip everything out. try using the type of carpet used for ice installs. might not be tough enough though

goldenvtr

Member +
hmm, depends might hold up with a good set of mats too :p i know a place that sells a meter rolld or black carpet (as used for sub box's) for a £10, thats what i used when i made a template for the rear of the car when removing teh seats,

Idrees

Banned
I was gonna use the carpet thats used on sub boxes while my seats were out, but someone told me it'd be pointless and to use the "real" stuff (I don't know what this is though)

I think it'd be alright over your old carpet.

goldenvtr

Member +
the old carpet went in the skip. i know it needs to be more brittle than the sub box stuff, but for the sake of a tenner i might give it ago:p

Idrees

Banned
I see. I have EP82 carpet in good condition, its spare if you need it. I'll have to dig for it though

Neal

Member +
Always thought about doing this to a starlet because the original stuff is a bit hanging, reckon itd be easy.

sx_turbo

Lifer
the japs like to put thick shagpile pimp carpet in there upper class people carriers/campers lol.

maybe you could go for that jdm look