recommend me a standalone :)

96v

Member +
As above guys, what are you using? Or what would you get for you buil if money wasn't an option?

George611

Member +
Depends on how deep your pockets are.....od go Omex600 personally might take abit of work to get it running sweet but that was the route i was gonna go.

starletsy

Member +
Have said this before but the first thing to do is choose your tuner then ask him what he would recomend have seen it time and again where ecu's are put up for sale due to the fact that there is not a tuner locally that is happy to map the car. If i were looking to change ecu again trackive solutions are near me and they do the Hydra units which are very good and have most of the features anyone could wish for.

AdamB

Member +
^^ x2.

Go with what your mapper prefers to use.
If your mapper is happy with a variety of ecu's then its best to choose one for your setup which you are likely to use the features on.Theres no point buying an ecu you can offer this and that if you are not going to use the features it has to offer because its a waste of money!

What do you need a standalone ecu for? On most setups an Emanage will do the job perfectly. It's only when you start to run big power you will need the added features of such like coil on plug, control high and low impedence injectors, anti lag, launch control.

Personally the likes of Omex, Link, megasquirt, Haltech are the best, they are cheaper than the likes of Motec and Syvecs but offer just about as much features.

ktsirigotakis

Fresh Recruit
There is an ecu cold gotech visit their web site at www.gotech.co.za the cheapest ecu cost 200€ but you need to mod you distributor to Hall Effect signal, they can help you with that and they will charge 100€. I have talk with the gay that owns the company and it sound ok. unfortunately i don’t have ep82 i was talking for my best friend that has forged ep82 with vf34 turbo to bay one sow i can fit it and how it work. The owner told me to bay the gotech pro the best ecu that they have i will not need any mods on the distributor and it's much better. At the moment i am collecting money to bay an mx-5 for my drift project that i am planning and the first thing to do is to install the gotech pro to see how it work and how easy it is. If some else bay one let me know there experience with the ecu and there opinion. When i start my project with the ecu i will let you know!

Chris@CCM

Member +
Link g4 storm , haltech ps 1000 both dead easy to fit work with stock sensors and can handle just about any thing

el_man

Fresh Recruit
kms managment is a good ecu one im running using a fiesta turbo coilpack and leads 36-1 trigger wheel job done