Recommend some cars for me!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Can you guys recommend some cars for me. Criteria is under £3k, fun to own and not rediculous for a 27 y.o with 3yrs ncb to insure. Not a starlet, obviously!

Cheers people.

lleey2k4

Member +
HAHA my m8 crashed his MR2 last week tried putting his foot down and the back end kicked out and couldn't corect it in time and a car hit him.

kellygt

Member +
Mr2's are a very twitchy car on the road over the mid mounted engine can get very dangerous in the wet,
are you looking for a cheap run around car light on fuel or another fast car?????

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
As long as its fun Kelly.

Dan I've had an mx5 before, didn't rate it. Which are the eg civics?

just got a quick insurance quote for an eg civic, £750 f/c for a 1.6? a bit steep!

Last edited:

kellygt

Member +
For the money you have I would recommend a Honda civic vti, the eg civic came before the ek its more rounder in profile not as much fun as a starlet but reliable and quick enough for an N/A car

Misterdan88

Member +
really? I quite like the mx5s, only been a passenger in 1 though..

eg civics are the old round shapes, 92-96 (i think). some 1 put a link up to an eg sir that was for sale not long ago im trying to find the link for you!

kellygt

Member +
really? I quite like the mx5s, only been a passenger in 1 though..

eg civics are the old round shapes, 92-96 (i think). some 1 put a link up to an eg sir that was for sale not long ago im trying to find the link for you!

There not a bad car not the most torquiest but they handle very well for a front wheel drive car if you get a good one they would have a nice dose of power I've seen em make as little as 145bhp on the dyno

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Skyline, my dream car so i picked one up in the the summer for under £3k and im 26 with 3yrs ncb and fully comp was £870

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
i say one of these boys... theyre more fun than you can imagine, not to mention, they are tough, can go through anywhere/anything, and shift pretty well for a 2.5L turbo diesel.. very easy to boost up as well :) ... oh not to mention it will out live ANYTHING else on the road lol:

big-Defenders_report_02.jpg

kon

ginor

Member +
The list could go on and on.

Depends what you want/need outta the car. Also how much your willing to pay insurance. An Evo for example, I would be willing to pay up to around £1200 a year to insure. But that's just me lol

But if I was you I would be looking at an old Evo 4 or 5, but then theres Skylines, Supras, 200sx's (s13, s14), Renault 5, Clio Williams etc etc.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a VTEC as I don't rate them at all (at this moment)

Just my 2 pence before anyone starts going crazy lol

J25GTi

Lifer
Go for a turbo mg zr? Make sure it was the 160 that was converted though.

Or even a ZS180, v6 power all the way