Removel of oil pump ep82 4e

weeJohn

Lifer
You need to remove the PAS and ALT belts and pulley, remove the timing belt covers and the timing belt, remove the timing belt crankshaft pulley and then undo about 12 bolts to get it off. You will need a set of pullers to remove the 2 pulleys, hitting them with anything is likely to break them and trying to pry them off with 2 screwdrivers will damage the things you are levering them off.

Something like this will do for the pullers....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Inch-2-...ls_Equipment&hash=item3a6c1f87e0#ht_947wt_952

DarrenGT

Member +
I was looking at the crankshaft gear today and you have about a mil or 2 of clearance to get a pullers on!! Il get a small pullers to remove the gear. Hope it comes of easy ha

weeJohn

Lifer
The plastic cover will bend to allow some more gap but if you are really stuck and cant get them on, pull it from the front lip. Good chance it may break if its on really tight but so be wary.

DarrenGT

Member +
Ok heres how i got it out!

I took the TRUST Washers out which gave just enuf end float and i mean just enuf to get the pullers on!! Once the pullers was on it flew off!

weeJohn

Lifer
Never thought of doing it that way lol, if the sump was already off then its a very clever way of getting the space.