Replacing your Door Handles, When it isnt possible to get ep82 oem ones. a Guide.

THIS GUIDE IS EP80/NP80/P80/EP82 ONLY
(includes Jdm imported AUS Grey Import EP82R)

so you went to your car and the door handle snapped in 5 different pieces.
lets just say the year is, 2040.

so fully knowing a door handle is impossible to get new, or even used, i have the solution.

This tutorial Is for DRIVER SIDE Only. although chances are LH handles of each variant can be used under the same rules.

First off.
Every handle you attempt to Cut must have a few features to work. Defined below.

***A driver side oem door handle for an ep82. outer side, (pictured Below)*** Rule 1, Any handle you get must atleast match the Look of this one,

it has the small Tab, with clip, any handle you buy no matter what car, must have that clip roughly in that spot, does not matter which side, as the clip can be swapped over, and any ridges on the wrong side can be dremeled out. the clip itself is on so many variants of toyota and many other vehicles.

the tab to the right side of this image is a stabilizer, and essentially useless. it is not needed on any replacement handles you find or make.
dr2.png

The backside of the same Oem handle for the ep82. Rule 2, Note the bolt placement, another feature we require for a replacement handle.
that is basically it.
dr1.png

And now, The Cutting. to make ANY handle fit.

The below image is a driver door handle for a toyota soluna. note Both the rule 1 and 2.
any part marked in red needs to be completely sliced off.
(optionally any part marked light blue will need to be shaved down, as some handles have a small cutout for some reason to limit handle clip movement)
we are misusing these parts for our own purpose after all.

**note the lack of a stabiliser bar on this handle**
handle.png

--------PART NUMBER SECTION / % chance to Fit --------------------

i would try anything from the 95% to 75% categories myself.

95% fitment section, Tried And Tested. Small cuts needed,

Toyota Starlet, ep91,ep95,Np90/P90 Handles All work with Modification. ( the above section shows how)
Toyota Tercel, Paseo, Soluna,

From here on out /below, is speculation on fitment! TGTT and myself are not responsible for things being wrong. ( if applicable ) we will change this thread to add or remove info in that case.

75% fitment, may require more dremel work. (better than likely chance of bolt on fitment)

Mazda/Ford Fighter B2500 Ranger Pickup 1998 - 04 Left Outer Door Handle

Left hand side handle "Might" work on the driver side for a RHD starlet Gt/ep82. fake handles seem to work the same.

69210-BZ020 Toyota TownAce, front door outside handle ASSY RH

( fit for ep82 Driver side )

S402 / S412M Townace, handles Seem to visually be compatible.

TOYOTA LITE TOWNACE S402U S412U, Door handle RH​

50/50 fitment, these might work. i make no promises. however they Appear to be compatible. may require extra modding. Hole widening etc.

Suzuki Carry Door handle. FR. RH.​

25% fitment chance. ( stuff from other countries not overly trustworthy )

" Perodua Kancil / Kembara / Kenari " ( this is a malaysian car )
might work.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ofcourse you lose functionality when performing this *Mod* as the parts used are NOT meant for this car so there are issues.

The worst of which is, in my case was that, the
Central locking did not function right, the ep82 door locking mechanism is a strange thing.
(key works fine though)

One upside is the door can be opened very easily. when unlocked anyway.

also, as a small bit of advice,

#1 do not open your door with Just the door handle alone. you can avoid having to mess with things if you obey that rule.
Use the handle to open the door, then grab the frame to open from there

#2 painting your door handles white, if your vehicle is white, will also severally expand the life of the handle, as it reflects the suns UV rays, that damage the plastics.

Comment below any handles you think i missed that may work. especially if you fit them to your car.