road tax

callumGT

Member +
okay so i've agreed on selling my saxo which was the car i had before the starbo, and unfortunatley its not taxed and i agreed to put 6 months on it, but as i dont have insurance on it anymore i cant tax it,
one idea which i did have is that my local sales garage if they say it is theirs and i give them my mot can they get some tax for me?
in no way do i mean to be fraudulent just trying to sell a car

Shorty

Member +
swift cover then you can print it off within an hour or two? or just knock the price of the tax of the sales price! same difference just means the buyer has do do the leg work of getting the tax.

Lawrence

Member +
All you need is some1 over 25 fully comp insured to drive other cars and you can get tax. Done it a few times got my step dad to get the tax for cars i baught from auction.

Shorty

Member +
^^
nope has to have insurace on the car! you are not insured if over 25 third party unless the car is fully insured by the registered keeper

v5 needs to be sent off to say its now owned by a garage wich doesnt count as an owner on a v5 but is still a registered keeper with the dvla i think. if matey buys it he will just have to insure it and then get tax when the cert comes through. only takes a few days normally. :D

Beaker

Member +
No thats incorrect. It must be the actual car being taxed thats insured. If you have done it in the past using a different insurance policy then you must of had a muppet on the post office counter because thats not correct. The car being taxed must have an insurance policy on it.

Posted at the same time as the one above but we agree!

kilo

Member +
i recently taxd mine wif no cover note, they type in da reg and find out if its insured dat way.

callumGT

Member +
so if matey insures the car and gets it later that day pops to the post office with the mot and asks them to look it up for insurance theyll look it up?

Shorty

Member +
should be able to from what has been said but iv never known about doing that so cant say either way :(

callumGT

Member +
so if the lad gets it friday i sned off the v5 stuff and he insures it and gets his cover note through hes looking at monday- tuesday?