Roof discolour

chinaone

Member +
I know alot of ppl getting this too.
What can be done if the roof discoloured? apart from respraying it.
DSC01233.jpg

stuart

Member +
China, I'm getting my quadlight detailed (all swirls removed) next Monday, www.carwashguys.co.uk - I'll have a chat to them whilst they are doing it, see what products etc they are using - If this would be any help??

Lee C

Member +
Same as mine but not as bad, mine has got to be resprayed as there is nothing they can do to repair it.

chinaone

Member +
China, I'm getting my quadlight detailed (all swirls removed) next Monday, www.carwashguys.co.uk - I'll have a chat to them whilst they are doing it, see what products etc they are using - If this would be any help??

Yea find out mate.
I guess a respray, but the viris speads, i am sure it was that bad when i got the car 2 years ago. dame.
Gotto get the TOMs kit b4 repray tho.

Greg0r

Member +
mine cost me £200 for the roof

£200 just for the roof ppfftt thats expensive

that is defo a respray.....

you should be able to get that done quite cheaply tho! search around i got 3 of my panels done for £70 each and its an amazing match

:beer:

Timmy

Member +
they blend it in. TBH £70 would hardly even cover the paint realy for that in my expiriance i recon about £150.

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine is blended in really really well. just the overall finish on the roof is 100%, but its probably just me being picky!

Jay

Admin
Lacquer peel is a common sight on older japanese imports. Seems to affect the upper bodywork mostly - Roof is first to go, then bonnet and sometimes the wings can be affected.

Various theories include that it's the sun in Japan, or the acid rain, or it's industrial fallout, or it's just old age. Not sure which is true.

Respray is the best/only option. Choose a sprayer by quality of previous work as price isn't always a good indication of their skills.