RRFPR on Forge rebuild questions?

Johnboy GT

Member +
Just a few questions lads as im a bit unsure.. At current i have a FCD and RRFPR running my Tongs Hybrid. Its not currently setup as shes off the road and due to this iv had a bit of a change of heart. Having decided to have my engine fully forged in the coming winter months i thought i should treat her to an Apexi Power FC Commander or of something similiar (Once iv done my research on them :p).
Anyway my question is that having fitted a Upgraded ECU am i right in assuming that either the RRFPR will need done away with and stock regulator refitted or can you run the RRFPR with a reputable ECU even tho your ECU would sort the fueling out itself?

Any advice info guidance would be spot the dog guys :D.

Cheers John

ianmcintoshi

Member +
u can take of and sell ur rrfpr and put the stock one back in to get extra pennies as u wont need it anymore, however if u want to keep it coz it looks cool :p or something its fine to leave it in. it wont make any diference to ur management :)

Johnboy GT

Member +
Thats what i thought but i wanted to make sure. Should it need adjusted atall if a new management is put in place? Or will the ECU do the compensating when its remapped? Any links to information on a good ECU or recommendations bud? Really should upload my fotos im hoarding for a build thread eh :D.

Cheers John

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Just put the fuel pressure back to stock. whoever maps your car will make sure its set up correctly anyways.

Last edited:

churcherj

Member +
Thats what i thought but i wanted to make sure. Should it need adjusted atall if a new management is put in place? Or will the ECU do the compensating when its remapped? Any links to information on a good ECU or recommendations bud? Really should upload my fotos im hoarding for a build thread eh :D.

Cheers John

Depends on the tuner mate, they wont really touch it tbh, i would imagine they would adjust the fueling on the map! the fpr just gives the tuner the extra option to adjust easily via the fpr switch rather than having to re tune a whole setup. just looks good really, you wont necessarily need it and wont give any extra gains over the stock unit if your going with a standalone ecu :)

Johnboy GT

Member +
Ahrite ok, never been to a rolling road session or had a car setup so its all a bit new to me. Thanks for clearing it up guys. :)

addz

Member +
As said above really. There are tuners that don't like the sight of RRFPR's, but others won't mind, as long as it's set to nigh on stock pressure then I can't see the problem. Also you have the choice to replace it with stock regulator or set RRFPR to stock pressure - i personally would leave uprated FPR on