Running lean.

GT_Neil

Member +
fuel pressure regulator and up the fueling. or buy some sort of managment chip and get it mapped.

Ya its going for a map at the end of the month just waiting on a mani and de-cat. I have an safc in the car but its password protected.Cheers dude.

sx_turbo

Lifer
and no u dont need a rrfpr with a SAFC

depends which fcd you have.

if you have a greddy or a jam fcd, then the air signal voltage will always be clamped at just under fuel cut,

the safc alters this voltage so if the safc tells the ecu to fuel more, it wont cos the fcd is clamping the voltage.

so it would probably be better to run an rrfpr slightly rich and trim it down with the safc, also makes it safe that way incase the safc breaks.

it a similar story with the hks fcd also i beleive

i may be wrong, but seems logical to me

Last edited:
do you know the password of the safc?

and the best thing to do would be dont run it round on boost

I know well SX pensioners are already over taken me an flippin the bird. Dont know the pass word unfortunetly. I'm not 100% sure if it is or not though I have a gauge with lean, stoich and rich on it and the minute I'm 0 on the boost gauge it goes to lean. I dont know if this gauge is accurate tough looks like an ebay job?Is there any other way I could find out?
and no u dont need a rrfpr with a SAFC
Thats a relief cuz I'm skint trying to save for a map.

sx_turbo

Lifer
I know well SX pensioners are already over taken me an flippin the bird. Dont know the pass word unfortunetly. I'm not 100% sure if it is or not though I have a gauge with lean, stoich and rich on it and the minute I'm 0 on the boost gauge it goes to lean. I dont know if this gauge is accurate tough looks like an ebay job?Is there any other way I could find out?

Thats a relief cuz I'm skint trying to save for a map.

if you dont know the password then i dont think you will be able to get it tuned, unless the tuner knows how to overide the password.

sx_turbo

Lifer
and you just said you have a hks fcd then that would be why your still running lean on and off boost.

the hks fcd leans out the whole rev range, but should technically be better for the safc

Aidan-G

Member +
the guage wont be accurate if it isnt a wideband guage..i have a afr guage to and its just for show it always says im running stupidily rich

Thankfully for me the tuners are Apexi and can overide it by initializing it but they have to start from scratch again. So theres no othere other way of knowing? Cheers mate.

sx_turbo

Lifer
you are running lean the hks fcd is making sure of that.

if you turn the fcd to number 12 for now, it wont run lean as that will effectively turn the fcd off.

then just try and keep boost at standard boost

Jus took this there.Would this be accurate.
DSCF0649.jpg

Last edited:
So set it to 12 and use standard boost I had a look at it there and its set at 6. I have only been using stanard boost since I got the new block so hopefully its still good.

sx_turbo

Lifer
So set it to 12 and use standard boost I had a look at it there and its set at 6. I have only been using stanard boost since I got the new block so hopefully its still good.

yep.

setting 6 is leaning the engine out by loads.

as will 7,8,9.

10 and 11 prob wont lean it out much but if you can just run standard boost for now, put it to 12 and you can drive the car normally then

Once again you've helped me out of a bind your like my international technician. Thank you very much sx :) So just leave it at this until the re-map.

sx_turbo

Lifer
Once again you've helped me out of a bind your like my international technician. Thank you very much sx :) So just leave it at this until the re-map.

lol

thats what i recomend fella.

i dont mind helping people out :)

my names rick by the way ;)