running rich

evening all, my gt has been running rich for a few months now, but today i put the decat on and moved the airfilter to the front grille. so i took it for a run was boosting fine but i then gave it a bit extra in 3rd pretty hard and it backfired also the exhaust is popping a little bit on idle now. so how do i sort the running rich problem???. would also add i changed the plugs and gave it a service and the car is completly standard apart from cat back exhaust and relocated airfilter.
cheers

So u how to u know it's running rich ?

did you mean how do i know its running rich??? a strong smell of fuel after boost and usually its only strong when slow acceleration from low boost to high(example in 4th at 1700k) you really dont notice it when hitting straight to full boost(example in 3rd at 3k)

would also add ive used a different lambda sensor but still the same problem

Chris@CCM

Member +
That all means nothing bar u might have a leak some were get some one with a wideband to check it out O2 sensor will make no odds on wot

djmbj

Member +
check ya head took me mani off to find a nice big crack in my head cars been stinking of petrol for a few weeks now after hammering it..
you might have same prob