RX-7 TMIC and Air filter relocation

CoochiGT

Member +
Due to the CF bonnet i don't really wanna get a FMIC at the mo.

Just wondering how easy the RX-7 TM's are to fit and wether it's worth it, Would of asked James but he's out :(.

Also, the air filter has been relocated behind the grill, just above the Turbo and manifold, would it not benefit from me moving it back to the standard position?

Thankee!

Dan

sx_turbo

Lifer
the rx7 tmic is a peice of piss to fit mate, it will take you all of 5 minutes. it does make a nice difference but your better off saving for an fmic imo.

and as for the air filter, if you made a heat sheild for it it will be fine.

or put it in the standard position and have a colds air feed

Last edited:

CoochiGT

Member +
Thankoooo Mr Rick!!! Think i'll try and make a heat sheild, sounds coool.

If i do get a FMIC, won't the bonnet be a bit pointless?

sx_turbo

Lifer
no the vent you can either buy a reverse scoop for it in carbon fibre, or you can just leave the scoop there and it help with cooling the engine bay down.

i found that when i had my rx7 tmic, it still had majour issues from heatsoak

Jules-B

Member +
you will notice slight performace gains with the reloacated air filter, so moving it would mean more heat soak etc

Timmy

Member +
no the vent you can either buy a reverse scoop for it in carbon fibre, or you can just leave the scoop there and it help with cooling the engine bay down.

i found that when i had my rx7 tmic, it still had majour issues from heatsoak

If it's a carbon culture bonnet (the one dave sell) it's not changable like on the stock bonnet well not the ep91 anyway and i presume it is the same for ep82's, don't know about other brands tho.