RX7 top ùount intercooler maximum boost with td04

ramses974

Member +
I do not know if someone has tested this,but to reduce lag and to get a very responsive car with a td04L13 on a 5e , i want to do this thing:
-top mount intercooler RX7 or ARC
-td04

can i go at 1.4b safely ??

I saw pulsar with TMIC with high boost , why our 5e or 4e would not do the same ?

GP82

Member +
You can try to monitor the temperature of the air coming out the intercooler or the temp inside the inlet. What octane fuel do you have to use? There is also the option to use water injection if it's really a serious problem maintaining intake temps, but if the temp can remain stable at 1.4 bar then it should be good with careful tuning, mind 1.4 bar out of the TD04L 13 compressor is still ok efficiency on it's flow chart i think.

GTwayne

Member +
You can try to monitor the temperature of the air coming out the intercooler or the temp inside the inlet. What octane fuel do you have to use? There is also the option to use water injection if it's really a serious problem maintaining intake temps, but if the temp can remain stable at 1.4 bar then it should be good with careful tuning, mind 1.4 bar out of the TD04L 13 compressor is still ok efficiency on it's flow chart i think.

1.4 bar is about the limit for efficiency.

AdamB

Member +
The amount of lag you'll feel by fitting an fmic is very neglible, but the temperature difference is amazing.

russyb

Member +
to be fair with you matey im running ct9 hybrid at 1bar with a rx7 S5 top mount and i really wouldnt go above that with the top mount as its tends to get hot quick im looking to change to a fmic, cos i will happily swap a bit of lag for a little piece of mind, just my humble opinion