S-AFC2 Installation

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Im in desperate need of some information about the S-AFC2 and wiring installation.

Ive followed both the Instruction Manual and Wiring Diagram i got with the S-AFC2 and all wires are correctly connected.

Ive been to a rolling road twice now and as the EP82 doesnt have a Throttle Signal on the ecu you change the setting in [etc. > Car Select > 4 Cyl and Thr **] which allows you to change only the [Hi-Thrtl].

When i go into [Setting > Hi-Thrtl] and i increase the fuel via the S-AFC2 nothing is happening even upto 50% more, it was on a rolling road today and he said, i can only think it could be your preasure sensor wire or maybe an operator error, ive checked all the wires and all are correct.

It states at the back of the Instruction Manual on page 51 the following:

When No throttle signal (**) is set, correction is not performed by throttle opening, so you can set only the Hi mode [Hi-Thrtl] in the air correction factor setting mode. The Lo mode [Lo-Thrtl] cannot be selected. In the monitor mode, the throttle opening cannot be monitored.

So i understand due to not having a throttle signal wire on the ecu the throttle signal is displayed at 0.0 on the S-AFC2 in display mode. When i go to select mode in etc. upon changing the throttle to (**) it doesnt allow to change the [Lo-Thrtl] only the [Hi-Thrtl].

I know a few folk on here use these and goldenvtr (dan) does aswell, can anyone shed some light on this?

I have an Apexi A-VCR running aswell, surely that wouldnt affect the S-AFC2? It does show RPM1 as a normal connection and then to use RPM2 as a multiple connection, due to me having an A-VCR and a S-AFC2, does this mean i have a multiple connection and S-AFC2 should be on RPM2? its currently on RPM1 and displaying fine.

Cheers,

Iain

Corty

Member +
just a sugestion
go into your Hi throt with the car running on idle and adjust it slightly
you should hear the engine note change .
revs drop slightly.
this should tell you if it working or not?
but as you said it could be wiring or your a-vcr?

not sure really as havent set mine up yet - just using it to monitor knock pressure correction etc.

hope this helps

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Ive had some info that the A-VCR wont affect the S-AFC2, also had information that the ecu does have a throttle signal even tho the Apexi instruction manual states it doesnt lol im going to try and re-wire it today.

benGT

Member +
mate the Starlet ECU does have a throttle signal but it only reads like a switch. i.e. ON or OFF - so you can only tell if the throttle is wide open or fully closed.
As it's not variable, it's pretty pointless wiring it in!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Thats not correct mate, if you dont wire it in then you need to setup the S-AFC2 to show no throttle signal which means you can only setup the car on Hi-Thrtl map and not Lo-Thrtl map.

I got the throttle signal wired in and yea as u say it only shows 0 or 100 i.e off or on.

I whipped out my plugs also there only a day old and black... signaling overfueling so the controller must be working because i added in more fuel.

Iain

TRD

Member +
I connected the throttle signal wire to the RPM1 wire. Worked for me. Mine was mapped fine, running 1bar for years.

benGT

Member +
tell me more TRD. I'm intrigued....hadnt though of doing that.
Does it work in exactly the same way as using a variable throttle signal?