safc

i got an apexi safc was wondering can it be wired without the harness??
the one i got just has the lead out the controller with a plug in it no other wires not sure if it needs a harness??

benGT

Member +
It can be wired in without the harness mate. You'd have to cut the plug off the end and go from there (all the wires are the same colour as they are on the harness) - obviously you'l have less cable to play with without the harness....

It can be wired in without the harness mate. You'd have to cut the plug off the end and go from there (all the wires are the same colour as they are on the harness) - obviously you'l have less cable to play with without the harness....

well its wallace performance in aberdeen that are doing it just dont want to take it to them if it cant be done
where do all the wires go just to the ecu??

benGT

Member +
yep, all wires go to the ECU, you dont need to wire up to anything else.
If you fit it yourself mate you'll save a bit of cash!

benGT

Member +
I wired my FCD in after the SAFC and before the ECU (that way the SAFC gets the correct MAP signal)

Last edited:

benGT

Member +
nah, the wire is going into the ECU dude.
a la this diagram....:

SAFCFCDWiringDiagram-2.jpg

benGT

Member +
that's it mate. I was trying to make the point that the signal is going into the ECU!

I.e MAP sensor - SAFC - FCD - ECU

But's that's just me being anal! :p

chinaone

Member +
I just got mine the other day, how do i set it up after wired in? cos i am not wure if i should wire it in without knowing to set it up properly.

benGT

Member +
if you wire it in then initialise the settings (follow the instructions from Apexi's website) it will reset all correction values so it wont actually be doing anything other than monitoring levels. e.g not adjusting air flow readings....

chinaone

Member +
if you wire it in then initialise the settings (follow the instructions from Apexi's website) it will reset all correction values so it wont actually be doing anything other than monitoring levels. e.g not adjusting air flow readings....

Could you post the link for the Reset page here please.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Ben that diagram looks good, nice and clear and easy to follow. Got a proper N00b question though. What do you use to connect the wires? Do you just cut them and twist them together and tape em up? Is that a really gash way of doing it? whats the best way? Cheers for you help.
Hutch.

benGT

Member +
hey Hutch,
I used spade connectors on mine...wanted to use bullet connectors but B&Q were all out!
Then I wrapped each connection with insulation tape to stop them touching - using connectors makes it a whole lot easier to take out when the time comes!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Spade connectors crimp on each end and then push together. is that right? They readily available at diy places? This will be my first pop at electrics, you recommend doing it myself?

cheers for your help Ben.