SAFC2 installation help desperadoly needed!!!

Mikeygtt

Member +
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help out. I bought an SAFC2 recently 2nd hand from on here, but have no instruction to go with it!

I have wired in the SAFC today along with my AEM uego controller guage (good fun soldering all that in neatly!!!

But i am now struggling with setting up the SAFC to a 'base' configuration, whereby meaning the initial setup.

First thing is which sensor type do i select? hot wire/flap/pressure sensor.

Also which other settings do i need to use so i dont blow the engine to smitherines! If i remember a lot is self learned on it?

Any help is much appriciated guys, and rep will duely be given out:homer:

Cheers

Mikey

Mikeygtt

Member +
thanks mate, but unfortunatly i cant ever seem to view the manuals, only get loads of dots??

makes it quite tricky!

cheers

mikey

glanzanut

Lifer
works fine for me bud, problem with ur pc then id guess, u will need adobe reader installed, either that or use another comp to print out the manuals

Mikeygtt

Member +
Yeah it was my laptop, bought it up on my phone and read it fine this time.

ALTHOUGH!!!! here it comes.......

I have been out to perform the intial setup, which had mixed success. I set up the sensor type to pressure and 1in, 1out.
I then set the cylinders to 1 (after setting at 4 and it overfueled and ran like poo!!) little miss read me thinks.
Then once that was all sorted and the car was running ok, i went to set the knock correction, only to find its reading that the car was running at 4k rpm while idling!!! How can i sort this out? have i wired into the wrong rpm signal?

cheers

mikey

Mikeygtt

Member +
hi, the unit seemed to have saved data i think, tried to initiate the system so it reset? seems strange.. getting 2 sensor voltages too on the check of 1.5 & 5.1 roughly?

cheers

mikey

GRUSS

Fresh Recruit
sorry to hi-jack this thread but i've got a FCD and a SAFC. Do i connect up like so...
OEM MAP -FCD-SAFC-OEM ECU

Thanks

Mikeygtt

Member +
hi mate, check the link out on my other post, diagram for safc & fcd wiring. helped me out.

just need to work out if it is installer error why my car reads as 4k rpm when its at 1.5k rpm

Mikeygtt

Member +
update of possible problem...

ive just been looking at the diagram i used and cross ref with apexi again. looks like i missed out wiring in rpm2 which is next to the rpm1 i wired in. the question here thou, which colour wire on the safc would it be? i have used green for the rpm1, but it doesnt say which colour for rpm2! i hate electrics!!

cheers

mikey