Sard ecu with uprated fuel pump....???

candy_red

Member +
Hello guys.

I had my afr's checked last week and it seems like my fuel pump is incapable and too old at the same time.

Currently i m running on a Sard analyse ecu and as much as i searched and read i couldnt find an exact answer as to if i ll have any trouble running a 255lph walbro. Only figured out what i already knew that they dont like fpr changing the pressure.

Whats your opinion on a Sard of 165lph I m leaning more towards this one as i m afraid i wont find an original walbro easy. Plus its jdm points yo :p

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
The PNP ECUs tend to run a little rich on idle with a 225 pump, but thats about it. I have no experience with the Analyse ECU but, so I cant be sure, sorry.

candy_red

Member +
You mean 255 right?

All i want is my afrs to drop coz they are in the low 13s right now. 13.1-13.2 to be exact.

Will a 165lph Sard fuel pump cope?

weeJohn

Lifer
Sorry, yes 255l. That is a big jump up in flow, probably way beyond whats needed but its a direct fit so thats why they are used.
I cant remember what the stock pump flows, but its probably not to far off 125l/hr so the 165 would be a moderate upgrade to a good stock unit. If your pump is on its way out then even a new one will put it right, these ECUs were designed to work with a stock set up, and they seem to overfuel slightly to help keep things safe.

candy_red

Member +
Yeah i see. my fuel pump is not even from a starlet but a 1.5 Yaris, so thats another reason for my lean afr's.

Thank you very much mate!
Cheers