SARD FPR install question

Nickzorz

Member +
Ok I have the guide to hand and it all seems fairly straightforward.

Got my regulator and instructions....If only they were in english.

So im just trying to work out which bit goes where. Obviously the blanking plate thingy is for teh guage.

I'm thinking

A: Is for the vacuum pipe.

But I dont know which one B or C is. Im guessing

B: Is to the rail
C:Is the fuel return?

Is anyone able to confirm? Thanks in advance. Also anyone got pics of where they have mounted theirs? I would put it by the drivers side suspension strut top mounting but There just isnt room in my glanza so am thinking of going the other strut
DSC_0959-1.jpg

Last edited:

Nickzorz

Member +
Right after some research on our old friend google I managed to confirm that my thinking is correct.

Although fuel was leaking out of the fuel rail and the regulator so will have to go back out after a brew and tighten everyhting up...I love the smell of petrol in the evening.

Nickzorz

Member +
Wouldnt you know it I couldnt find any thread tape anywhere!!!!!! Sunday....why is everything good closed on a sunday.

I thought "lets try halfords" i shouldnt have bothered lol. I need another adapter so i can run the guage so I went in there and asked the guy for one..."have you tried looking with all the welding stuff" hahaha

superspat

Member +
were did you end up mounting it mate, any pics, having the dilema of trying to work out were to put mine, want it as close to fuel rail as poss but no room on the v

Nickzorz

Member +
I just finished putting it in. Vac line was causing me some issues but that soon got rectified. I was aiming for 2.8 bar and bugger me, when i started her up for the first time I got.
DSC_0962.jpg

DSC_0961.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

If you look at where I have mounted my Sard fuel pressure regulator (one for the search engines) there is a nice bolt that fits it nicely, you just need a 10mm socket to get it off and a 10mm spanner to get it back on

Deffo gonna turn down the pressure as it smells a bit rich. A note for any noobs (like me) installing a regulator, make sure you use thread lock on the fuel line adaptors (basically what is circled B and C in my pic) otherwise it will piss out fuel...took me ages to work it out.

Used the return line that was already on the car and bought a meter of 6mm fuel line with clamps from halfords (£4 i think it was) and got the 3mm vac line from a guy on my local club. Once I worked out why it was leaking it was easy.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dub.se7en/TGTT/RRFPR.pdf This guide and the bits I labelled in my first post should make it effortless for any other noobies like me. I would have done a how to but didnt really think about it as the one thats already about does the job fine.

Last edited: