Scary Handling - what you think guys?

Garci

Member +
hi guy having a bit of handling probs lately.

jic coilover :Front 8k & Rear 7k
front & rear :strut brace
whiteline: F -24mm & R-22mm ARB's
whiteline: Anti-lift casters
superpro: poly bush

recently i installed a whiteline 24mm front & 22mm rear ARB ,anti-lift casters, & some poly bushing on front control arms. its the same anti-lift caster & bushes thts under diy on this site i follow the everything in diy to install them, but the superpro blue poly bushing didnt fit very tight or snug in the control arm. also i notice the when driving the car now if i turn the steering just a little it turns a lots even in corners with very little turn of steering wheel & it swings way too much & that its scares the shit out of me. even changing lanes is scary as hell & the car is not very stable on hwy anymore it worst than before.& if i throttle out of the corner it slides to the outside of the curb,

would it be the bushings that cause it to swing in cornering? or is it because the car not get a wheel alignment since? its booked for a wheel tuesday.?
any input welcome.

Did you get the car tracked after fitting the anti lift kit and bushes?

edit: just read the bottom of your post lol get it tracked dude the wheels are out of alignment its handling like a shopping cart I'd say.

Sigma

Member +
It's because it's far too stiff! :)

Ie. too resposive!

Have it aligned and learn how to drive smoother!

Garci

Member +
lol am tryin to learn, but too scary. so i guess it is the alignment off? didnt think it would throw it off that bad.its goin in monday night to get track tuesday. will see how it is after.
thank guys

MeisterR

Lifer
If you have too much toe out in the front, it can do that.
But it sound like your setting are very stiff... almost too stiff if you ask me.

Like everyone said, you need to "re-learn" your cars after a major change like that to the suspension.

Once you get the tracking done and align it back to the specification you are used to, then you can properly gauge the difference and "re-learn" the characteristic of your car.

Garci

Member +
MeisterR : i was planning on removing the 24mm F arb & testing the stock front arb with the rear arb to see the difference, but i was think maybe after the tracking if it is still that wild when turning. if i remove the arb would tht throw out back the tracking?

MeisterR

Lifer
Changing the ARB in theory shouldn't change the tracking.
But I prefer tracking being the last thing done to the car's suspension.

Get the car track first and see how you feel, as stiffer ARB isn't always everyone taste.

ARB does improve traction in the dry, but it can REDUCE traction in the wet by making the weight transfer in one lump sum causing the tyres to lose traction.

As I always said, we modify our car to suit our taste and for your enjoyment.
The best setup for someone else isn't always the best setup for yourself.

If you are 100% confident in pushing your car to the limit, then that is the best suspension for you.