Setting up S-AFC

Ady

Member +
i received my Apexi super airflow converter today.

it looks pretty straight forward to intsall, but how do i go about getting it set up? is it something i can do myself or do i need to get a tuner to set it up? and will it cost hundreds of pounds to get it done?

anyone with experience with a S-AFC that can help?

MJA

Member +
needs to be done on a rolling road. it won't be anywhere near as expensive as e-manage/power FC mapping

sx_turbo

Lifer
if you fit it yourself, the rolling road will cost as much as elaine_gt did to set her car up.

i paid £150 for mine to be done

Ady

Member +
but Elaine hasnt got an safc.

you say it cost £150 to get your safc set up? or was that fitted AND set up? wow i didnt budget for that!

sx_turbo

Lifer
£150 was the cost of my tuner for 1 hour rolling road time.

what safc have you got?

elaine hasnt your correct, but it takes the same ammount of time to setup as hers did, so base your budget on that price

Last edited:

Ady

Member +
so, you fitted yours yourself?

its not an old style one with all the knobs, its a blue one, looks the same as safc2 but it only says safc on the front.

sorry i am rubbish with this kind of thing! electronic gizmo's are a whole new world to me!

sx_turbo

Lifer
yep fitted mine myself, its only 4 wires so i thought it cant be that hard and it wasnt lol

i have the earlier one to yours, but the principle is the same and it shouldnt really take much longer than what mine did to be fair.

tuners dont really likegetting there hands dirty installing things, and will therefore charge you for it.

u be better either fitting it yourself or getting a mechanic with a bit og nugget to fit it then just pay for it to be tuned

Ady

Member +
yeah good call.

thats what i'l do, fit it myself and get it set up.

thanks for the help :)