Shifter Won't Center

-Harry-

Member +
Hey guys, need a little advice.

I pulled apart my old shifter a long time ago and when I put it back together it wouldn't center. Since being flooded, the cables corroded and the assembly basically turned to sh*t. Fearless kindly donated a working trd shifter assembly which did center. I pulled it down to clean some mud off. Now reassembled, it wont center. The spring appears to be working correctly but just doesn't seem to have the strength to pull it central. Has anyone experienced this before of have close up photos of the spring assembly. It looks 100% correct at the moment but doesn't work so something must be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Usually Id just keep playing with it till I figured it out but there's so much other crap that needs work I figured I'd ask first

Cheers

Harry

Everything here is present and accounted for. So i figure there must be something like a way to tension the spring. Question is how?
Shifter.jpg

Jay

Admin
Very odd problem Harry.

With the cables disconnected the shifter will flop all over the show so I'd guess the fault must lie with the cables? The fact you have already fitted a fresh shifter would indicate this too. Worth checking if one of the cables is stiff or broken mate.

Jay

Rory

Lifer
Try the linkages on the gearbox. if they are not sitting properly then it can make the shifter feel sluggish.
Have you changed your cables scince the flood?

-Harry-

Member +
Sorry guys should have included those details. The cables were also changed. Work freely and easily. The shifter moves freely side to side and stretch the spring but just stayed to the side with the spring stretched as if it doesn't have enough tension. Theres no friction or resistance on the shifter as it moves across with the slightest touch. It was behaving the same when disconnected from the box and sitting on the bench.