Shock absorbers

A L 3 X

Member +
My Glanza is lowered on 40mm spax springs, but seem to have a fair bit of travel on the standard shocks...

Have just fitted an adjustable panhard to hopefully stop it catching the drivers arch, but I feel I'll need some stiffer or updated shocks as there is so much travel it's obv pushing the axle out a fair bit over bumps.

I was looking at some Kyb excel g's but dunno if this will suffice, Wat else is out there that's not massively higher priced than kybs and will sort my problem? Cheers

A L 3 X

Member +
Are they any stiffer than standard mate? Basically on standard old shocks and -40 mm springs I have a massive amount of suspension travel, especially compared to my mates on coillies(obv there will be more but surely not that much).

I think part of it is my shocks being old but don't wanna have the same prob. Before I fitted the panhard wen it rubbed it was rubbing on the
Middle of the tOyo logo on the tyre sidewall :0

Cheers

A L 3 X

Member +
Also can anyone tell me what's the difference between the Kyb excel g 33 series, excel g 34 series, the gas-a-just, and the ultra sr ones on camskills website?

Cheers

A L 3 X

Member +
Also, do KYBs come with dust covers and bump stops, my rear shocks had like a top mount, a metal collar with a foam bit in, and a plastic hollow dust cover, whereas my temp shocks have a big rubber bump stop, no metal collar and foam bit, and no hollow dust cover, the original dust cover won't fit correctly, i'm unsure what is needed and what isnt?

graep91

Fresh Recruit
koni do shocks mate but not springs for some reason dont know if any one has tryed them ?? also gmax do shocks

weeJohn

Lifer
I had GMax shocks in my EP91 conversion, fitting D2 coilovers was an improvement in ride lol.

Hard as hell!!!!!!

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
I had GMax shocks in my EP91 conversion, fitting D2 coilovers was an improvement in ride lol.

Hard as hell!!!!!!

same, I had d2's before, now have cusco and tein, and three of them have put me off having anymore coilovers lol. My kyb excel g's were excellent however for daily driving

A L 3 X

Member +
Hmmm, I'm wondering whether to go for some Meisters and skint myself or go for excel gs with my spax springs?

I only use the car for road use but the travel in my standard knackered shocks made my arches rub with someone in the back on some et35 wheels...with spacers removed to et40 I havent had anyone in the back but I'm wondering whether it'll be okay to use kyb and not rub, or if I'll need the stiffness of Meisters?