Should I Trade?

PSI JOE

Member +
OK so I have a more than a few cars as some of you may know...really thats beoned the point. my question is...one of the cars I have is stricktly a daily driver/beater that I traded for a beater 86 toyota pickup...anyway its a 91 honda accord. its in ok shape its auto; tranny slips a bit whatever its not really bad...YET. anyway about a month ago my buddy came up on a car that iv kinda wanted for a while as a little beater. when I saw him in it I was jelous lol. anyway he picked it up for like 600 bucks and threw some money at it and he only got it for a run around car as well so he is not to interested in it...he knows iv wanted one for a while so he told me if you want it its yours...600 bucks. so im thinking (ok im not gonna lie I already did put the accord up for sale for 1200obo and ill take like 900 for it if it really came down to it. im not talking sereous purchases. but still.) of selling the accord.

cliff noted.

-buddy has a AE82 COROLLA FX16 (GREAT SHAPE OTHER THAN NEEDS PAINT)
-I want it but need to know if its worth selling the 91 accord(beaterish condition) to get it.
-take the cash from the accord sale
-give him 600 bucks, pocket the rest as a gain in random money
-oh ps if I get the fx16 I have a blacktop 20v sitting at the shop and it needs a home =)

either that or I know a guy right now selling a compleate 4agze for 500 bucks.

so what do you think?

-SELL THE ACCORD GET THE COROLLA; BLACKTOP 20V IT!
-SELL THE ACCORD GET THE COROLLA; SUPERCHARGED 4AGZE IT!
-KEEP THE ACCORD!

KEEP IN MIND THE ONLY REASON I WANTED ONE OF THESE (fx16) WAS TO HAVE A CHEAP LIGHT LITTLE HATCH THAT IS DECENTLY QUICK...SO I BASICLY WANTED ONE KNOWING ITS GETTING SWAPPED BEING ITS SO EASY CUZ ITS THE FX16 IT JUST BOLTS RIGHT IN DUE TO ITS ALREADY GOT THE 4AGE IN IT!

THOUGHT??????? THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS!

OH YEA ILL TRY AND POST PICS OF BOTH CARS IF YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE THEM.

Phil

Super Moderator
think i heard/read somewhere that the supercharged internals are very hardy and enjoy being turbo'd!

so stick the 4agze in and turbo that.... !!!!! please.

Phil

cue

Member +
think i heard/read somewhere that the supercharged internals are very hardy and enjoy being turbo'd!

so stick the 4agze in and turbo that.... !!!!! please.

Phil

yes your right, the 4AGZE is a standard forged engine, personelly i've had both the supercharger and the 20V(blacktop) in two different AE86s, both are good in they own way. But personelly i would get the 4AGZE or the 20V block and Turbocharge it, this will give you some big BHP, and great pleasure to drive...

PSI JOE

Member +
hmmmmmmmm great points guys. the only thing is. is im not trying to turn this into my money pit...I have the paseo for that. and thats the one that I want decently quick then there is the mr2 for even quicker. anyway all im looking at is doing the swap and maybe a few bolt ones...just to make it breath intake + exaust thats pretty much it. the thing is im gonna wanna track race it. thats why I was leaning toward the 20v and its high end and revving abilities. I was gonna track race the paseo but when it comes down to it that car is my baby iv had it amost 10 years and it has much sentamental value to me...if I where to crash it id be devistated so I decided against it. any of you know any decent suspention that is moderatly cheap for these cars? the only thing im finding on other forums is whiteline which I plan on using some of there stuff for the paseo. any body know anything else for the ae82?